• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 coats of wax??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5 coats of wax??

My opinion is 2 coats is plenty. It would of been interesting, if you did your 5 waxes in one section, then clayed, color-x, and nxt the next. I willing to bet the clayed side would be just as smooth if not smoother then the 5 wax side.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Update: The paint on the car is still smooth as glass and it still shows a deep glossy shine even after a month. Although it took a lot of work to do the 5 wax process, the mirror shine today makes all the hard work from over a month ago well worth it .

Comment

Instead of 5 layers, you can do 2 layers max. A month or two from now do it all over again, it will look better instead of doing layer after layer after layer

Comment

I've experimented with more then 2 coats of wax, without real benefit imo.

2 is sufficient, my $0.02

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');