• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swirlx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swirlx

hi every one.
    i have some questions.
    my car is new
    should i clay it??
    i want to use swirlX
    idonot know how to use it or how much should i still
    work in spot??
    and when change the pad?
    thank you

Re: Swirlx

Is your car "brand-new", or just "new-to-you". In both cases you will want to do a claying (always with lots of spray lubricant so the clay really slides and does not grab). If brand-new, just a very light claying.

Why do you say you "want to use SwirlX"? If brand-new, it should not really be necessary, but a very light hand SwirlX cleaning after the claying wont hurt. There are whole threads about using SwirlX to remove light swirls, light scratches, etc, but you have not said what you are needing to accomplish. What you will do is a little different for a light paint-cleaning versus defect removal. You need to be very explicit about your paint finish and condition and what you are trying to accomplish.

You posted in the "By hand" forum, but you ask about "when to change the pad". Are you doing this by hand, or what are you using?

Answering the above should let folks give you much better information and suggestions.

Also, any extra information about what type and year of car, paint color, etc will help with suggestions.
    2010 XRS

Comment

You should clay it. If not for any other reason then this gives you a clean palette to start from. You would be surprised at how many contaminants are adhered even to a new car. I would by all means clay it.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

^ +1

On my recent brand-new car, there was a huge difference before and after claying. Shipping the cars from manufacturing plant to dealers (and sitting in their lot) gets lots of junk on them, and I suspect some of that just ends up under a quick dealer wash+wax to seal that junk in. Clay and you wont believe the difference.

A subsequent post-claying cleaner (such as SwirlX etc) should not be necessary, but it wont hurt and I did it just to ensure the best possible prepared base for the subsequent glaze and sealant/wax.
        2010 XRS

Comment

my car is brand-new nissan maxima2010 black
          but i see swirl marks
          and i will use my hand with(SOFT FOAM APPLICATOR PAD) i want to remove the swirl marks and make it in best result
          what the project should i use ??

Comment

You should look at SwirlX and Ultimate Compound.

You would do a test spot with SwirlX, if 2 applications dont remove the swirls, you would try UC.

You want to apply the products with some passion, working them into the paint.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

i tried swirlX
              it work well

Comment

tried swirlX
                it worked well

Comment

As well, see How to remove Swirls by hand