• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HAPPY FRIDAY! Q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAPPY FRIDAY! Q's

Happy Friday everyone. Hope you are ready for a great weekend, im praying its going to be nice up here in seattle.

Facts:

07 Ford Ranger

Going to purchase UC, Swirl X, and 105 tonight, Im going to give my truck a make over, and was curouis as to fords paint is, i will be doing this all by hand, so will different texture pads be needed.
    "Every moment frontin and maxin
    Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
    "

Re: HAPPY FRIDAY! Q's

1 If you find the #105, you can skip the UC. Or vice versa.

2. You will probably want good quality foam pads, like the Hi-Tec Applicators, and some good terry cloth applicators. You can either buy an applicator, or buy some good quality towels to cut up.

3. Don't forget to clay, and use a good car wash soap, 2 buckets, etc.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Generally speaking, Ford paint is one of the most detailer friendly paints out there. I know people are going to think I am just saying that because I am the resident Ford fan, but seriously it is. **There are always exceptions, but generally speaking Ford paint is great to work with.

Nick Chapman agrees, and that is some good company

For example, I was able to polish my Focus with a rotary, 8207 yellow 2.0 pad, and M205 only. I didn't need any compounds or normal polish and I got out 100% of the swirls.

I also used to hand polish my Ranger with the original ScratchX and get it virtually swirl free. Considering how gentle that product was, that says something.

That said, having all of those products on hand isn't a bad idea, but you will likely be able to do Ultimate Compound followed by SwirlX and end up with some amazing results.

Comment

Thanks guys! i forgot to mention i will be claying too! Also i've noticed a lot of people using 2 buckets to wash, seems to make sense but i've seen advertisment for the grit guard, i plan on taking my detailing to a professional level one day and want to learn as much as i can.
        "Every moment frontin and maxin
        Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
        "

Comment

Well if you want to maintain a swirl free finish as long as possible, then using 2 buckets (one for plain water to rinse the mitt after each contact with the vehicle, and one with the soap water), each with a Grit Guard inside will certainly play a key role.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');