• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$274 can of wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $274 can of wax

A $12 can of Gold Class paste is good enough for me.
    James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
    Calais Auto Detailing
    CalaisDetails@aim.com
    www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

>>On an equally prepared finish I would put M26, NXT 2.0 or Gold Class up against anything on the market.<<

I'm curious, what, if any, difference is there between this:

and this:

Comment

^ They're the same thing, just one is a liquid and one is a paste.
        Shane
        1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I wouldn't buy it but I sure like the song in the video.
          Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
          www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
          Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Anyone see the guy in Europe somewhere waxing $500,000k cars with his bare hands using wax he keeps in a sealed plexiglas box? He said the heat from his hands activates the wax. I think he's getting around $5k per car for complete detailing.

Comment

Originally posted by 10degreesbtdc View Post
              Anyone see the guy in Europe somewhere waxing $500,000k cars with his bare hands using wax he keeps in a sealed plexiglas box? He said the heat from his hands activates the wax. I think he's getting around $5k per car for complete detailing.
              Yes, that is Paul Dalton. The wax with his name on it can be purchased for 1,100.

Detailer's Domain is a premium car care studio and reseller of premium car care products. We offer new car preparation, paint correction, ceramic coating, and paint protection film (aka clear film). Detailer's Domain also is an authorized reseller of Nanolex, Fictech, Gyeon, Sonax, Nextzett, Xpel, Oberk, Rupes, Jescar, Aenso, and more. Detailer&#8217;s Domain&#8217;s mission is to provide customers with the best possible product and service for our automotive car care needs.

also check this one out..

Detailer's Domain is a premium car care studio and reseller of premium car care products. We offer new car preparation, paint correction, ceramic coating, and paint protection film (aka clear film). Detailer's Domain also is an authorized reseller of Nanolex, Fictech, Gyeon, Sonax, Nextzett, Xpel, Oberk, Rupes, Jescar, Aenso, and more. Detailer&#8217;s Domain&#8217;s mission is to provide customers with the best possible product and service for our automotive car care needs.

that one is made for your specific car from what I understand.
              Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Thats Zymol wax, which he no longer uses. He has is own Swissvax wax now called Crystal Rock, which you can buy for $1,100 USD

The Zymol wax - http://www.zymol.com/zymolroyaleglaze44oz.aspx
                Last edited by AeroCleanse; Jun 2, 2009, 04:45 PM. Reason: more info
                AeroCleanse, LLC
                Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

I have never really looked at the Zymol stuff, that is some interesting stuff..
                  Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Not a plexiglass box, its crystal or something like that
                    Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

Yes,I seen on youtube.Good job he's got! I personally think it's a waste of money.For those customers,obviously money is not an issue.In the video,he mentioned a customer that gets his porsche done,and then puts it in his garage and sits and watches it with a glass of wine?

Even Jay Leno takes his old classics out for a ride! And quite right too.

Just to add to your point.....It was £5,000 a hit,not $'s.Nutty!

Comment

I think I would like to set up a double-blind test on waxes. I can swallow $100 for a jar of Pinnacle Souveran(if nothing else, it will be a nice start to a wax collection), and I have quite the selection of Megs Waxes - NXT, NXT 2.0, M20, M26, Gold Class, DC3, and Medallion Premium Paint Protection (my favorite, it comes out for special occasions - do you hear that Meguiars! Bring it back!). I'll have someone else apply the Souveran against the MPPP on the same panel - either the hood of my Porsche (SS Black Paint) or the Hood or Trunk of my 300C (CC'd greenish-silver). I'll be the first respondent in deciding which panel looks better, then I'll ask family members, then perhaps move on to people coming/going from Auto Zone or a similar setting.

Does anybody have any issues with my method?

I honestly don't know which product I'll prefer - but I do know that I couldn't afford to use the Souveran regularly. Much like the sole remaining 3/4 bottle of MPPP that I have, it would only be for special occasions/car shows...
                        If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to record the event, how can you be certain that there was a tree or even a forest to begin with?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin A View Post
                          I honestly don't know which product I'll prefer - but I do know that I couldn't afford to use the Souveran regularly. Much like the sole remaining 3/4 bottle of MPPP that I have, it would only be for special occasions/car shows...
                          Justin, don't buy the Souveran until it goes on BOGO. Souveran BOGO usually happens a few weeks before Christmas, and as I recall, it also happened sometime last summer. I really love it on my solid black car. I think you'll be surprised by how many applications you are going to get out of one tub. A little goes a long way; but I suppose that obtains for most paste waxes.
                          Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                          --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by Justin A View Post
                            I think I would like to set up a double-blind test on waxes. I can swallow $100 for a jar of Pinnacle Souveran(if nothing else, it will be a nice start to a wax collection), and I have quite the selection of Megs Waxes - NXT, NXT 2.0, M20, M26, Gold Class, DC3, and Medallion Premium Paint Protection (my favorite, it comes out for special occasions - do you hear that Meguiars! Bring it back!). I'll have someone else apply the Souveran against the MPPP on the same panel - either the hood of my Porsche (SS Black Paint) or the Hood or Trunk of my 300C (CC'd greenish-silver). I'll be the first respondent in deciding which panel looks better, then I'll ask family members, then perhaps move on to people coming/going from Auto Zone or a similar setting.
                            May I suggest that you wax not only the hood and front but also the side panels. And when folks come to see your car, be sure to move the car around so that folks can look at it with the light shining at it at different angles. Rasky has also mentioned that sometimes he can see nuances in waxes at different times of the day, especially morning and evening.
                            Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                            --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                              Justin, don't buy the Souveran until it goes on BOGO. Souveran BOGO usually happens a few weeks before Christmas, and as I recall, it also happened sometime last summer. I really love it on my solid black car. I think you'll be surprised by how many applications you are going to get out of one tub. A little goes a long way; but I suppose that obtains for most paste waxes.
                              Ooooo BOGO would be nice. Does that offer apply to say...two jars of Souveran, or a jar of Souveran and a jar of something cheaper?

Perhaps since I was planning on testing a $100 wax, I'll go with Zymol Glaseur...if I can bring myself to buy a Zealot...er, Zymol product...
                              If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to record the event, how can you be certain that there was a tree or even a forest to begin with?

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                                May I suggest that you wax not only the hood and front but also the side panels. And when folks come to see your car, be sure to move the car around so that folks can look at it with the light shining at it at different angles. Rasky has also mentioned that sometimes he can see nuances in waxes at different times of the day, especially morning and evening.
                                My only issue with that method is that I would really like this to be a true side-by-side comparison, and while there would be a mask line down the hood or trunk, you would have to lose sight of one section in order to view the other.

I have noticed what Rasky has mentioned as well. Not even necessarily different times of day (though I have noticed that as well), but generally any time the color temperature of the light changes - when going from a bright sunny day into an underground parking garage, or from under gas station lights at night and out into moonlight. Even between fog and clear during the day. It makes sense really, as different chemicals have different refractive and transmission properties.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');