• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swirl marks! Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swirl marks! Help!

Hey everyone,

I need some help. My girlfriend has a 2005 4 runner. It is in great shape but it does have some swirl marks. the truck is a dark gray color so they are an eye sore with the right light. They are not severe though. I tried scratch X by hand on them with no luck! Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Lance

Re: Swirl marks! Help!

The first key is were you using ScratchX correctly? Most everyone doesn't at first.

You want to work in it in small areas, maybe 1 foot square, and work it in with a lot of passion until the product has gone from a cream color to a greasy clear. By a lot of passion, I mean the truck should be almost rocking on its springs. Then 2-3 applications per area should make a bigger difference.

Thats why removing swirls by hand *****... most paint doesn't just remove easily (and leave a nice finish behind), you have to work a product in with a lot of effort to remove
    it safely.

Here are a few links to read through as well, in case you haven't seen them.

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle
    Step 1 Wash
    Step 2 Clean
    Step 3 Polish
    Step 4 Protect
    Step 5 Maintain

Suggested Products for Taking Care of a New Car

What it Means to Remove a Scratch

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

Rotary vs. PC vs. Regular Orbital Buffer

Recommended Products - G100a Dual Action Polisher

Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line

1986 Ford Bronco II - Extreme Makeover

Each one, teach one... Ferrari Fiorano 355 F1 Spider
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for your response! Maybe I wasn't working it enough. Let me ask you is there another product I could use to get good results by hand?
      Thanks

Comment

Its all technique ,ScratchX is best by hand for swirls/scratches.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

By hand ScratchX can give you really good results when the right technique is applied.
          Give it a try, I know it's hard but dedication and patience will reward you

Comment

Thanks guys, I am going to try it again. this time with a little red *** behind it. I will let you know how i do!
            Take care

Comment

It works okay for light stuff. If you have heavy swirls, you might as well just buy a rotary and some #83 to get them out.

No doubt scratchx is effective...It definitely made some of my deep scratches a lot lighter and harder to notice. You really have to work it though.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');