• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Alloys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Alloys

Hey again..now due to the good old english weather,my alloys dont stay clean for long...

wondered which is the best technique to keeping them clean,also what sdo you use?

mine are white Super tourismo GT's 0.Z,very closed spoke,also what can i use to really clean in between each spoke?

Thank You

anthony
    Pug 106 GTI Owner

MSN - bant15y@hotmail.com (Feel Free To Add)

Re: White Alloys

I have found the Ez Detail brush handy especially for behind the spokes its a really time saver not having to take the wheels of the car, are the backs white too?

Meguiars also do a wheel brush available on the Uk site or maybe even some Halfords.
    If i had known of these wheel brushes i would have kept the Clio 182 wheels on my car (only 8 spoke so nothin compared to Oz's). A good coat of wax or Nxt All Metal Polish will stop dirt sticking and make cleaning much easier and faster.

Hope This Helps
    Christian

Comment

thanks..oo person from england..yea 182 alloys well nice in anthracite.

metal polish?will that actually be ok on my alloys?

oh cool il take a look at investing in a few brushes because dam its hard getting in there with just a mitt of something..im just worried about scratching them
      Pug 106 GTI Owner

Comment

Hiya
        Hmm, that has got me thinking, to play it safe i would skip the nxt metal polish, and just use a regular wax on them, it will make cleaning them far easier. The Ez Detail brush has done ok on my wheels so far (15" Dynamique's) but they are also clear coated and silver. The Meguiars one looks softer to me but it has a wooded end i think where as Ez has plastic to protect.

Sorry for the late reply.
        Christian

Comment

Thats ok...thanks for that..i get paid friday and working saturday so will invest in a few bits for the alloys

anyone else with any tips feel free
          Pug 106 GTI Owner

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');