• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Few Sratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Sratches

Hi im always cleaning the car as england has poor weather and permently dirty,lol..

but i have a few scratches and there not deep atall but can be noticed when close to the car wondered what is the best product to get rid of these?also what to put it on with?

i have a lot of products but none for this
    Pug 106 GTI Owner

MSN - bant15y@hotmail.com (Feel Free To Add)

Re: Few Sratches

Read these two links that they will give you the answer to your question.
    How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX
    What it means to remove a scratch out of anything...

Best of luck removing your scratches

Comment

Originally posted by CherryGTI View Post

but i have a few scratches and there not deep atall but can be noticed when close to the car wondered what is the best product to get rid of these?

also what to put it on with?
      ScratchX and Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner will both remove light or fine scratches, all paints seem to be a little different so you need to test a new product and procedure yourself on your car's paint to see how hard or how easy it is to remove swirls and scratches.

You can use foam or microfiber applicator pads to apply a paint cleaner.

What do you use as a wax to maintain and protect the paint?

A good wax will help to mask fine swirls and scratches. We tend to focus on removing swirls and scratches but if you're working by hand using both approaches, that is using a paint cleaner to remove swirls and scratches and then following this with a quality wax will go a long ways to restore a really nice finish. Then just keep up the maintenance with regular washing and waxing.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

hey thanks for that read through it all..and im going to buy the product soon and give it ago,quite handy as mentioned the swirl marks aswell and there is alot which ruins my finsh

but thank you very much

(i will rep you)
        Pug 106 GTI Owner

Comment

i use the meguiars wax think its called stage 2?well one of the stages! :?

is there a better wax that meguiars do?

thank you
          Pug 106 GTI Owner

Comment

i use the meguiars wax think its called stage 2?well one of the stages!
            That would be Deep Crystal System Carnauba Wax, called DC3 around here.

is there a better wax that meguiars do?
            Meguiar's makes great high quality waxes, so I think it's up to the user to "experiment" and see for himself which wax provides more benefit and gloss.

Personally I like the new NXT, NXT 2.0, this wax provides protection like no other. #21 also gives as much protection as NXT 2.0.

Comment

haha i just red about the NXT 2.0 and noted that down to buy/try it..

DC3 yea thats the one seems to be ok...but il buy them products sometime next week then in two weeks time i will have free time at work in the garage to clean it and try them out thanks again
              Pug 106 GTI Owner

Comment

Good luck with your detail

Comment

thanks when i have used and attemped even greater things in my car cleaning life il drop pictures ha
                  Pug 106 GTI Owner

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');