• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you clean hand applicators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you clean hand applicators?

I currently use the High-Tech applicators for waxing, along with some generic foam-based, MF covered applicators for DC1/ScratchX and DC2/#7.

My question is this - how do you clean them? Washing machine? Bucket full of Dawn?

Re: How do you clean hand applicators?

We run them through a normal wash cycle with an extra rinse, and then dry them normally. Wash and dry the foam with cotton towels, and the microfiber ones with microfiber towels.

We have heard of people soaking them in dawn and a bucket too

Mike
    Mike Pennington
    Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
    Meguiar's, Inc.
    800-854-8073
    mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

I've found that it's better to let the microfiber covered applicator pads air dry. The foam inside tends to shrink, and get disfigured when I've thrown them in the dryer.

Nick
      2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
      2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
      2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
      2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

All of my pads, including the DA pads, terri and mf towels first get washed by hand in a bucket with soap and water. The towels then get put in the washing machine and run on a full cyle but any pad gets fully washed in the bucket by hand and then air dried.

I wash them first in the bucket because throwing them directly into the washer when they have wax or other materials on them tends to get it on the wash tub and possibly other clothes being washed in it. Need to keep the wife happy!

Comment

I toss mine in the wash.

Comment

You guys using the laundry washing machines... do you use normal clothing detergent as well? Just curious.
              --2004 Ford Mustang V6 -- Full mod list and some pictures at my SouthFloridaStangs Vehicle Garage --

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond View Post
                You guys using the laundry washing machines... do you use normal clothing detergent as well? Just curious.
                I do.

Comment

Yeah but....I like the smell of Meguiars products. Nothing like a fresh pair of jeans smelling like NXT!

Andy
                  101impala

Originally posted by brickyardz View Post
                  All of my pads, including the DA pads, terri and mf towels first get washed by hand in a bucket with soap and water. The towels then get put in the washing machine and run on a full cyle but any pad gets fully washed in the bucket by hand and then air dried.

I wash them first in the bucket because throwing them directly into the washer when they have wax or other materials on them tends to get it on the wash tub and possibly other clothes being washed in it. Need to keep the wife happy!
                  Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                  Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I usually do a mix of APC and Woolite, rinse with vinegar, then one or two 2nd rinse cycles with just water.

Comment

Yep always used the washer and then air dried
                      http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/o...b029d544_1.gifhttp://www.auto-etc.com

http://www.auto-etc.com/

Comment

Alright, so I guess I've been doing it right then. :lol: I have enough detailing rags, microfibers, applicator pads, mitts, absorbers, terry cloths, etc etc that I usually just make one medium-sized load out of it, throw in some laundry detergent. Everything gets dried in the dryer except the applicator pads, absorbers, and the mitts.
                        --2004 Ford Mustang V6 -- Full mod list and some pictures at my SouthFloridaStangs Vehicle Garage --

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');