• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waxing A Cold Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waxing A Cold Car

Yipee ... It got all the way up to 31° F so I washed the car and it's in the garage, all nice and clean. Got a new bottle of NXT Gen 2.0 and my Step One paint cleaner is up to room temp. The ambient temp in the garage is probably about 65° F but the car is still kind of cold to the touch. Is it OK to put NXT on a cold finish?

Re: Waxing A Cold Car

Yes it's ok but you might need to wait a little longer to wipe it off.

Comment

Originally posted by 08 Corolla View Post
      OK... I'll do it!

Comment

Good luck and be sure to post pics of the results!

Comment

Good luck and be sure to post pics of the results!
          Just finished the clay bar.

Comment

Two pictures. First picture was after using a clay bar. Notice that the color and reflections compared to the second picture. The second picture is after clay bar, paint cleaner, paint polish and a single coat of NXT Gen 2 wax. Notice that the color has darkened and the reflections are deeper and more clear. The paint is so smooth and slick that just the slightest movement would cause the note to slide off the hood. Tomorrow I'll put on a second coat. I'm sold on Meguiar's.

Comment

Nice!
              AeroCleanse, LLC
              Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
              www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

i see orange peel

Comment

Originally posted by benhui86 View Post
                  i see orange peel
                  What car doesn't these days. If you don't want to wet sand then you will just have to live with it.
                  ---
                  Ignorance can be overcome but stupid lasts forever !

Comment

Originally posted by benhui86 View Post
                    i see orange peel
                    Kind of sad that an expensive 350Z doesn't have a better paint job. It's nice and shiny and a gorgeous metal flake that sparkles in the sun but it does have some orange peel.

Comment

Here's the way I look at it: Orange peel is something you will have to deal with, but swirls can be avoided or removed.

As long as there are no swirls, the paint is better than 90% of cars on the road.
                      Chris
                      Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

'Nother n00b question.

Is the orange peel in the base coat or the clear coat (or both)?

I assume that base coat orange peel is not repairable, but CC is (to some extent)?

Comment

as far as the weather..i know what you mean...it got into the 40's by me and i did all 3 of the family cars

when i did the waxing...it took the NXT a good 20-30 mins to dry and same with the M16...i think i gave that even a little longer

as far as orange peel...im still new to all that and am waiting to hear about that too
                          Got one warm day for
                          -'93 Ford Probe Red (SOLD)
                          -'03 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally Red

Comment

Originally posted by Zcar View Post
                            Kind of sad that an expensive 350Z doesn't have a better paint job. It's nice and shiny and a gorgeous metal flake that sparkles in the sun but it does have some orange peel.
                            Tell me about it...but in the days of automobile manufacturers with 50,000 car sales targets, they don't have the time to ensure that the paint is perfect.

I think BMW is the worst current culprit. A guy in my office building has a brand new BMW 550i, and the paint looks corrugated.

Comment

So far so good. The Z looks great. Can't wait to see the shine after the second coat of nxt. Looks great.
                              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');