• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chamois Technique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Bon-Aire "firehose" nozzle and a shutoff valve so I don't need to remove anything. Just twist the head and it goes from "spray" to "flood".

PC.

Comment

whats this folding method??? im on dial up so i cant view the video...could someone put up a pic or diagram please

Comment

Lay the chamois down onto your car's wet finish. Fold back the first inch of the chamois, then pull it. This reduces drag in my opinion and helps move more water off the car.
        Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
        Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

so that the the front edge is folded on top??...then grab the corners and drag??

thanks

Comment

I thought you lay the chamio down on a wet vehicle a grab all four corners and glide it across...lol just kidding Liquid
            Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

Yeah, with all four arms!
              Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
              Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

I think the best way is a small leaf blower..it gets all the cracks and crevices that no chamois will get to...It also blows out the water built up in the mirrors...then you follow up with the chamois for the little bit that is left.These small leaf blowers are pretty cheap and work like a drive-thru car wash..Thanks Rocco Z
                RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by RZ Autodetailing
                  I think the best way is a small leaf blower..it gets all the cracks and crevices that no chamois will get to...It also blows out the water built up in the mirrors...then you follow up with the chamois for the little bit that is left.These small leaf blowers are pretty cheap and work like a drive-thru car wash..Thanks Rocco Z
                  I agree 100%....I use a leaf blower on the wire wheels and the egg crate grill on my Tbird and it works great!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');