• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oxidized Aluminium(polished)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxidized Aluminium(polished)

Hi everyone.This is intended for people that are finding it difficult to get a hold of a dedicated alumium polish.

I was tring to get water marks out of my stainless header and after,I noticed how badly oxidised my 8+ year old aluminium intake pipe.It wasn't pitted with white spots though.It was just very dull and had been like that for a long time.i had tried universal polishes in the past which cleaned it,but remained dull.

So what I had was Meguiar's NXT All metal polish(love the smell,unfortunatley,so do the wasps),and some stainless steel cleaner(household) for kitchen sinks.So I said 'what the hec' and started to clean the intake pipe with the kitchen stuff.This is the good part.It's got just the right amount of cutting power to get rid of the oxidization.It has a good grabby feel when your rubbing.If you rub to hard,it does scuff a little,but that will go away with a bit of rubbing after with the Meg's NXT AMP.

Unfortunatley,I didn't take any before pics,as I didn't think there would be much of a difference.If you look closely at the center section,where i had spent the most time,you can clearly see the difference as opposed to the start of the intake,which i had just started on.I'm short on time at the moment and when I get sometime,i'm going to remove the whole pipe from the car and give it a good going over.There are some heavy scratches there,but they were caused by me in the past when I was changing my gearbox oil and repairing my starter.So they are not inflicted by this polishing method.

This is the first time I've seen this shine since I bought it. I'm looking forward to getting the rest done properly.

Sorry for the doubled pic.I put in the wrong add. I'm hopless with computers!

Eddie...
    Last edited by Eddie6th; Jun 2, 2009, 06:08 PM. Reason: Doubled pic.

Re: Oxidised Aluminium(polished)

Looking good!

Need a entire engine compartment shot for reference.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Oxidized Aluminium(polished)

Certainly,Not now though,it's 3am!!!! I'm not that whacky!

Bye,ed...

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');