• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire Cleaning Tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Cleaning Tip

Hey Guys,

Earlier today i decided to get the salt off my truck as it was getting on my nerves.

I usually clean my tires with APC or Nxt Tire cleaner and agitate with a Versa Angle Tire brush. So after washing and drying my truck and putting a coat of NXt tech wax 2.0 i then moved on to dressing tires, exterior trim, etc.
    Before i dressed my tires with Hot Shine Gel i decided lets see if i could get them even cleaner so that the Hot Shine tire gel actally soaks into the rubber and dosent just sit on it. I used #39 Heavy duty vinyl cleaner with my Versa Angle Tire brush and was amazed at how it got even cleaner. So then i applied my Hot Shine tire Gel with a tire swipe to all 4 tires and then went and grabbed a coke and some cashews and watched Tv for 15 min and i went to inspect my tires. I touched my tires sidewall and was amazed that my finger did not have really any gel on it without even wiping the tire with a rag. So in the end i firmly believe the tires must be prepared and be able to accept the dressing. Finally i can have a high gloss shine and have minimal slinging issues.

I will now be using a lot more #39.

Thanks for reading
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Re: Tire Cleaning Tip

Interesting tip. Thanks for sharing.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

That is really cool!!
      Thanks for Sharing!!
      Nice Discovery!!
      Joel
      Firefighter/EMT-B
      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
      '99 F-150

Comment

it's amazing how new tips are always coming in
        2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

Sound advice thanks.Cleaning tyres as opposed to just decorating on top is not easy.But sounds like you have found one solution.thanks for sharing this info!

Comment

nothing came off?
            That's so kewl!
            I'm always getting dressing on my toes, legs and shorts!

Well I'm going to clean my tires and apply Endurance with a hair dryer today and I'll post my results (with pics)
            Thanks for the info (can't give you any more rep points!)

Comment

Yeah, I still do this from time to time. works suprisingly well.
              Nick
              815-954-0773

Comment

Interesting. I'll have to keep that in mind.
                Shane
                1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I would have thought the APC would have done the trick. Do you think an alternative would be the Super Degreaser? Is that more powerful than APC?

Comment

Originally posted by MyFirstES300 View Post
                    I would have thought the APC would have done the trick. Do you think an alternative would be the Super Degreaser? Is that more powerful than APC?
                    Super Degreaser is more powerful than APC. I like M39 for really getting a tire really clean even after my normal washing process.

I normally do this once or twice a month.
                    Nick
                    815-954-0773

Comment

Thats pretty awesome, now how am I going to tell the wife I need to purchase yet another detailing item???
                      Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Does M39 clean better than APC at 1:4 dilution?
                        Al
                        ~ Providing biased opinions

Comment

Pretty cool. I'll need to pick up a better brush and applicator. I find the curved ones don't work so well for skinny tires.

Comment

Lately, I've taken to using my 1800 psi pressure washer for cleaning my tires and wheels and wheel wells. The device also works as a foam gun so I load the unit up with Shampoo Plus and suds down the whole car as a pre-wash soak, including the wheels, wheel wells and tires. On the tires, wheels and wells, I follow with the moderate pressure fan spray. I don't use the high pressure spray nor do I let the pressure nozzle get too close to the tire so as to be sure to avoid any damage but I must say the tires look like they just came out of the mold. This process removes all traces of any tire grime and old dressing.

I give the rest of the car a rinse and proceed to do the two bucket hand wash.

One caution, I don't think I'd try this with a more powerful pressure washer for fear of damaging the sidewalls.
                            Jim
                            My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by MyFirstES300 View Post
                              Super Degreaser is more powerful than APC. I always foam SD to my tire when washing. You can see the dressing being wash down. Dont really know if this is a good practice or not. Hope some one could advice on this.

Wanna try the M39 after this. . . . thanks for the tip. . . never tried this one before.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');