• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Blade is a Winner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water Blade is a Winner!

I used to use one until it left a nice foot long scratch on the hood of my car. Even after all of the cleaning and polishing, it is still there years later.

Comment

i use one along with a drying microfiber towel, i have 2 blades that are both california blades but the first one i bought seemed to stiff and just dint feel right trying to move it with the curves of vehicles so then i got another one thats called Jelly and that thing is real soft and flexible and i love it. Im not to worried about dragging anything because im always real presice anyways because you could scratch the paint just as easily with a microfiber dring towel if that grime or anything else is left on the car.
      ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
      Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
      210-281-8151

Comment

i have one and it sure helps on the drying time

Comment

Here's hoping I don't get crucified here for saying this...

I heard about these a while back and considered actually buying one, but I decided that I didn't want to spend the money on it, considering there is a cheaper alternative. Well, for the people who aren't really concerned with the whole "dragging grit" across the surface.

As far as I know this, this would run just about the same risk as the California Weather Blade, just different. Maybe the fact that it is so stiff though might cause some sort of problems with dressings or wax? I don't know well enough though to actually make a judgement, and I wax enough anyway (mostly cause I don't know well enough when to normally) that it shouldn't make much difference.

Anyway, for those wondering, the alternative I speak of is just a typical windshield wiper. Works just as well as the weather blade but much cheaper. Still saves a lot of time and if you just carry a normal towel (or microfiber, if you prefer) for the stuff you can't wipe off, then you can dry the whole car in just a few minutes. 5 at most.

Thanks for listening!

Comment

I use one now and haven't had a problem, as I keep it clean and make sure I wash the car thoroughly, although after I polish the cars, I suspect I'll be making more use of the flooding method to remove the excess water, then follow up with my Cobra Guzzler drying towel.
            Shane
            1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I actually prefer to not touch the car at all to dry it. Those blo-n-vac things look awesome, but the price tag was a little too steep for me yet, so I went to sears, and found a cordless (19.2v, which I already had other tools for) blower/vac. It was only like $30. Not super powerful, but it vacuums up the hard-to-get-to spots on seat edge, and around the gear shift, and the blower works enough to get the majority of the water out of the worst spots, like the side mirrors and markers. It blows the majority of the water off all surfaces, and then I just need to spot-dry with a MF towel. Good to go!

Comment

I water blade all the time, works fine. With the car being wash its pretty easy to use. Just work with the body style of the car. You should not be hearing any streaking noises, and not too much pressure.

Also look at the water as you pass the blade over. IF it looks like your skipping, STOP, and re adjust your technique.

I also have a large MF drying towel to hit the surface for residual water. I currently use a Cali Water Blade but years ago I had this blade that was killer but somehow it got lost and if I ever find it again, I'll post about it. It virtually fool proof to use.

Comment

Holy ****, I actually found a pic of it.....

I'll have to make a full post when I find and buy it.....

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...Disch:1&itbs=1

Comment

I can't bring myself to use one of these. When you sheet most the water off, a nice soft waffle weave or microfiber towel and leaf blower does the trick for me.

Comment

The ONLY time I would not water blade is that I need to make sure I physically need enough drying towels.

Do not be afraid, your NOT putting pressure on it. If you work with the body line and allow the water to come off naturally. I myself I move semi quickly so the water builds up and like a costal wave, it helps push the water ahead, there are no issues.

My Daily Driver needs only one Megs Water Magnet and that WM gets bearly wet by the time I am done. Air dries with out issue. IF I wanted to not use the blade. I would use one WM, like a sheeting cloth, then follow up with other towels and I est at least would have used 3 total, maybe 4.

If you using the correct technique, it help speeds up the job. Do not kid yourself to think dealerships and detail places do not use these items. Unless you specifically ask for it, they are blading the car.

When I say proper technique, you should only go over the area ONCE. DO NOT re blade to get the rest, thats is what most are worried about, the water magnet gets the excess.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');