• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motorcycle Detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Detailing

Anyone want to give me some imfo on Motorcycle Detailing from the girl from Oz, is there any literature on it.

Re: Motorcycle Detailing

We have a couple of members that focus on Motorcycle detailing, hopefully they'll see your thread and chime in.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

What type of motorcycle is it? A cruiser, sportbike, or sport-touring bike?
      Lydia's Mobile Detailing
      Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
      2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

So far I treat a bike just like most members here treat cars.

Wash, Clay, 80 (if required), polish, wax with metal polish on those shinny bits. (if doing by hand change 80 to scratch-x).
        I have tried
        Wash, clay, plast-x, wax and Metal polish with some success but not as good as the first suggestion.

The mains things to be careful of are:
        Never dress the tires with anything other than soap and water, otherwise your cornering will result in sliding down the road.
        When polishing those plastic or fibreglass bits with a machine take it easy and do the whole bike in stages and do a second pass if necessary rather than an area at a time as the plastic/fibre glass doesn't seem to dispate the heat like metal does.
        Becareful of spraying anything near your chain because some degreasers/bug and tar removers with degrade your z or O ring seals in it.

I use all Meguiars products purchased from Repco or Autobarn in QLD so if you are looking for something there either have it or will order it in for you (if its available from Meguiars Australia, with some items aren't)

Comment

Along with the thought of keeping stuff off the tires, getting the seat too slick isn't much fun nor are slick hand grips.

Mort

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');