• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sure, it is funny now ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sure, it is funny now ...

I never will forget the times I can't remember!
    Barry

Comment

Just finished waxing a pickup & the owner put his coffee cup down on the hood so he could get his money out . I was bent over in front picking up my gear when it hit me . He was mad i broke his cup ! Its funny now wasnt then .

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
        Long time ago, my grandfather asked me to go and buy him a tin of car wax at the local store. He said He was going to the car wash and then when I come home wax his car. So I go and buy some wax, I apply it let dry to a haze. Remove it. It was like chiseling mortar removing the wax. But I did it. His car looked great. Very reflective. Car really looked great.

One of my uncles came over and asked what was used on the car. I proudly go get the tin. It said, "Johnson's paste Wax for hard wood floors".

I have to admit no harm was done and the wax lasted a whole winter in Chicago. lol.
        That is so funny!!
        Shane
        1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I am new to detailing, but I seem to be an expert at banging my head on the sideview mirrors when I am bent over working on the lower side panels. You would think after getting a few "C" stamped on my bald head, I would learn!

Comment

Had just bought some of the new DA-approved M105 for use on my C5 Corvette. Obviously the car had been lovingly cared for in the 1 1/2 years I had owned it and I wanted to take the finish to the next level. I decided on a small test spot near the rear of the vehicle on the deck for a nice flat, even working area.

Finished the proper prep and applied some M105 to the pad (non-Kevin Brown style). Began working the product when all of a sudden I hear a sound like a sander being put to wood and before I can jerk my hands back from the car I see dust explode from underneath the polisher head!!

Inspect the paint and see a huge half-moon shaped area of scuffed clearcoat. Flip the buffer over and look at the pad only to find this:

Pad literally came apart in chunks! Went back over the area with some Ultimate Compound and a CCS Orange pad and corrected the damage but scared the sh!t out of myself thinking I had initially burned through the clear to the paint. Can smile about it now but was in one heck of a mood then...

Comment

Fortunately, I just wash and detail my own cars, but I have mistaken Detailer Line ASD for Detailer Line Glass Cleaner too many times!!

The BLUES are so similar on the bottle image when you keep staring at the black car.......

Comment

Worst mistake...let's see...

Tried a very common "Heavy Duty Rubbing Compound" that you get in a little red tub. Enough said...
                Chris
                Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
                  I had been using a pistol grip style nozzle on the hose and was just about done drying the car after a good wash. As I squatted down to dry the last wheel I somehow managed to put my weight down on said trigger sprayer. Yes, the water was still turned on. Yes, the nozzle was pointed upward. Yes, it got the dry car a bit wet.

But, in the position I was in, and the direction the nozzle was aimed, I ended up looking like I had a sudden, and rather severe, incontinence problem. I must say though, that since this all took place on a sweltering hot Southern California summer day, the effect was rather, ah, shall we say "refreshing".
                  Been there, done that! First I got a high pressure stream in the face. No problem, towel off and re-dry the front fenders. Move around to the rear of the truck, get it in the crotch. Shake head, re-dry rear fenders. Begin to replace the hose on the rack, receive a spray in the face again because I forgot to turn off the water first. Needless to say, I don't use a pistol grip anymore

Comment

Last night I was helping my brother wax his truck. For some reason, I let him use my can of NXT.

He ended up dropping my applicators about 4 times before he was half way done.

My OCD couldn't take it anymore. I almost made him finish with HIS GC paste.

luckily I formulated a solution. I went to his kitchen skimmed the whole top layer and put it in a sauce bowl from chili's. So he got to keep his grit and rub it in his paint, too.

It's funny now but I think I'll have to take care of the cleaning/waxing, once I repaint it.
                    Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
                    baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

Originally posted by wyseilmykkar View Post
                      Been there, done that! First I got a high pressure stream in the face. No problem, towel off and re-dry the front fenders. Move around to the rear of the truck, get it in the crotch. Shake head, re-dry rear fenders. Begin to replace the hose on the rack, receive a spray in the face again because I forgot to turn off the water first. Needless to say, I don't use a pistol grip anymore
                      Been there and done that too!
                      I wear glasses and it seems I get more water on them than the car sometimes.
                      My 16 month old grandson was "helping" me one time and squirted me straight in the face. He thought it was funnier than anything he ever did. All this grandpa could do about it was pick him up and give him some loving!

Comment

Originally posted by dave40co View Post
                        Been there and done that too!
                        I wear glasses and it seems I get more water on them than the car sometimes.
                        My 16 month old grandson was "helping" me one time and squirted me straight in the face. He thought it was funnier than anything he ever did. All this grandpa could do about it was pick him up and give him some loving!
                        Hahah I had the same sort of thing happen to me! My girlfriends family was in town visiting and wanted to take her neice and nephew swiming in my pool. I was washing my car and her little nephew came over and said he wanted to help (obviously I couldnt say no to him wanting to help ) So I gave him the hose to spray the car down and he did.......for about 5 seconds, then the only thing that got we was me! Little guy was way to cute to be mad at though

Comment

This happened to me today while working on my Dad's car. I had just hit the wheels with some Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner and hosed them off. When I dropped the hose it landed right on the spray nozzle, sending a stream of water in the air and giving me my own personal rain cloud in the middle of a beautiful sunny morning. Just to make sure I learned my lesson, after doing another wheel I did the exact same thing! From that point on I made sure to carefully lay the hose down instead of dropping it.
                          Anybody can make a car look good with the right products.

Comment

I managed to apply a car full of wax at my uncle's house one morning and go inside for a drink to let the wax set up and pick up the microfibers to get ready to wipe it off. Came out and found that his lawn service hadn't properly adjusted the rotation of the sprinkler heads when they installed them. One of them missed the grass entirely....

...but it sure as heck wet down the entire driveway and my carefully hand waxed car waiting to be buffed off.

I remember saying something that my little cousin laughed at, but got in trouble for saying later that evening in front of his grandmother.
                            2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
                            2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');