• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning Bore from windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Bore from windows

Hey Guys,

whats the best way to remove bore water stains from windows?

Cheers
    Last edited by aussie_detailer_paul; Aug 11, 2006, 02:13 AM.
    Paul
    Paul's Auto Care

If you expect any of us Yanks to reply, you'll have to explain what bore water is.

Comment

ok, bore water is minerals left by sprinkler water, theres a post earlier which explains how to get it off paint, but windows seem to be a hell of lot harder to clean, you almost have to scratch the spots off with a razor blade!
      Paul
      Paul's Auto Care

Comment

You can try claying the glass first.

Then this:

Glass Polishing...Deep Cleaning
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Oh, I thought you said boar water. I'd hate to have to clean that off a car.

PC.

Comment

#4 works great on windows that are stained with waterspots. My g/f Focus windows are covered with them. I would suggest getting some 3" rotary pads for a drill from ADS. Rick said they will do the trick if you don't have a rotary and don't want to use your hands. If you use your hands, you have to put some "serious" passion behind the terry cloth.
            2016 Focus ST

Comment

I don't think we get that in aust. but we have the diamond cut compund so i'll try that.
              Thanks for the tip,
              Paul
              Paul
              Paul's Auto Care

Comment

Originally posted by aussie_detailer_paul
                I don't think we get that in aust. but we have the diamond cut compund so i'll try that.
                Thanks for the tip,
                Paul
                I dont think your going to get much effect with 85. Mike said in his glass polishing article, that the 80's series contains Micro Diminishing Abrasive technology, which is good for removing defect from softer surfaces, like paint. If you put some #85 on you hand, you cannot feel the abrasives. However if you use #'s 1-4, you can actually feel the abrasives, and if you work them long enough in your hand you will feel them break down.

You could try #85, but I dont think you going to get much done with it.

Comment

Re: Cleaning Bore from windows

i heard white vinegar works well...can anyone back me up? i actually just ran out to try it on my window...i'll post the results in the morning (it's too dark out now)

if you do decide to use a razor, use a window cleaner (windex) as a lubricant. note: DON'T ever use a razor on a mirror. the detail guy at my dealership apparently didn't know that and had to replace my mirror.

Comment

Here is my results with #4 Heavy Cut Cleaner, 3" wool cut SoftBuff pad and a 3/8 drill plate on my girlfriend's 03' Focus. All the windows were this way and nothing worked until this. All that was mentioned above cost me under $30 from ADS, shipped. It took me a couple of hours to do all the windows, and I mean all of them. I had to tape off the rubber window trim so it wouldn't get damaged by the process. I am very please with the results. Can't go wrong with this guys.

What I used:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

2016 Focus ST

Comment

Hi there Aussie Paul
                      Cool someone a bit closer to home ,juat across the ditch in NZ

Like Rascal says this system works very well

I like to use foam instead of wool

You should be able to get #4 in Aussie
                      You could trying ringing the tool free # 1800 347 570 This is you aussie number or this number for Perth 0419 590 699

hope this will help you

ALL BLACKS AND HOLDEN RULE

well i suppose Ford had to win Bathurst sonner or later
                      Have A Smurfie Day
                      Take Pride In Your Ride...

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');