• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

detailing brush organizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• detailing brush organizer

An kitchen silverware tray makes a great organizer for detailing brushes.

You can use the slots to sort the brushes according to their use.
    Meguiar's Fire/Rescue/EMS, member of the Church of the Highly Reflective Finish!
    Waxworks Automotive Detailing

Re: detailing brush organizer

Speaking of brushes, I watched some of the detailing clips on the meguires page and seen that they use brushes to wash cars exterior, does any one use these brushes to was their cars? Seems like a chance of putting more scratches on the cars, they seem to look like bristle brushes, any comments, or mike whats your take on this

Comment

Originally posted by hammer55 View Post
      Speaking of brushes, I watched some of the detailing clips on the meguires page and seen that they use brushes to wash cars exterior, does any one use these brushes to was their cars? Seems like a chance of putting more scratches on the cars, they seem to look like bristle brushes, any comments, or mike whats your take on this
      Are these the brushes you're talking about?

If so, they're the Versa-Angle Body Brushes....they're SUPER soft and hold a ton of soap/water solution.

I use them on my daily driver and have no complaints, but keep in mind to follow the usual care when it comes to washing, i.e. dual bucket, grit guards, good quality soap, etc.

Alex
      Mandarina Racing

Comment

I use them and the results are great. Two bucket method and clean them after each use!
        wjfm1
        2003 G35 Coupe

Comment

It's normal to be scared of brushes. Most people's are used to common brooms and other coarse brushes. As MandarinaRacing points out, the brushes in the videos are Meguiar's body brushes. They are really soft.

With mitts, some people will tend to press down too hard, crushing the fibers and dirt between their hand and the finish, causing scratches. A brush has more space for the dirt and grit to "hide" between the bristles. Brushes also rinse out much easier than mitts.

When using a bush don't press so hard that the bristles bend sideways and drag their sides on the finish. Only the tips should touch. Whether using a brush or mitts you shouldn't be forcefully "scrubbing" off the dirt, only gently "dislodging" it.

Avoid brushes in commercial car washes (tunnel or coin op) unless you know for a fact they're using the best brushes, maintaining them meticulously and using proper technique. Commercial washes will choose brushes based on durability and cost, not gentleness. If they don't maintain them carefully even very soft bushes can wear down and become abrasive. If they don't clean their wash tools thoroughly between cars (and when was the last time you saw a carwash do anything in between cars?) you'll get to share whatever hideous crud was on the last guy's car.

PC.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');