• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning Microfibre and Buffing Pads? How? This worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Microfibre and Buffing Pads? How? This worth it?

How do most of u guys do it?

Also I stumbled across this Sonus product "Der Wunder Wasche" it says:

SonĂ¼s Der Wunder Wasche is an active cleaner designed to restore microfiber towels, wash mitts, applicators and foam buffing pads to their as-new condition. Der Wunder Wasche is an engineered blend of micro cleaning agents designed to lift, emulsify and suspend waxes, polish residue, oils, proteins, silicones and soil for complete removal in the rinse water.

The Der Wunder Wasche formula cleans without bleach and softens through natural fiber lifting. With regular use, Der Wunder Wasche extends the life of all microfiber textiles and foam pads.

Directions: Use Der Wunder Wasche in place of your regular wash detergent. Der Wunder Wasche is highly concentrated. Use 1 ounce for small loads and 2 ounces for heavy loads. Do not use with bleach or fabric softeners. For best results, wash in warm water and rinse in cold.

Now do you think this is just a waste of money? It costs about $15 for a bottle. Or should I just use somthing else?

Thanks
    94 Mustang GT

Two Words:

Laundry
    Detergent
    I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

it doesnt effect it for its next use? just like tide? just make sure you rinse it well?

in other words save my $15?!
      94 Mustang GT

Comment

i reuse all my microfiber towels. Just wash and dry them like anything else and you're good to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt94GT
          it doesnt effect it for its next use? just like tide? just make sure you rinse it well?

in other words save my $15?!
          Yes, save your $15. Tide will work just fine.

The way I've always heard to do it, from the super-anal, is to wash and dry on the lowest possible settings on your machines. Wash with liquid detergent, no bleach. Dry with no softener. To be honest, I have no idea if all that is really necessary (Mike Phillips has said in the past that he uses powdered detergent with no problems), but I do it all anyway. My towels get as clean as they can be using that method, and its no extra effort on my part to follow those precautions. If your towels are especially dirty, a quick spray with Meguiar's APC before the wash helps get them clean. After many, many washes, my towels are still going strong!

Comment

I use ALL Clear. It does not have ANY perfumes, that's something you don't want your microfiber to have - then air or low heat in a dryer

Comment

Just use a liquid detergent.

Powders may not fully dissolve and may become embedded in the fibers and then scratch when used.
              It's not just chocolate, it's a lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Godiva
                Just use a liquid detergent.

Powders may not fully dissolve and may become embedded in the fibers and then scratch when used.
                I have heard this as well, I never had a problem with powder but after I bought a Black vehicle I change to Woolite(liquid) not sure powder really causes any problems some say yes some say no.

I don't think any special detergents are needed just the stuff you get at walmart.
                Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I wash my WITH NO OTHER ITEMS, in a mix of dish soap & laundry detergent. Then I run them through a second wash with no detergent at all. Then dry on the reg setting.

Comment

When washing microfiber towel's you can wash them in your washer. And when you dry them DON'T use fabric sheet's when drying. And for buufing pad's I wash them by hand and let them air dry.

Comment

My tip to add here is to use a detergent like Dreft. It's made for baby clothes so it rinses clean. I sometimes get nervous with products like Tide because some have bleach alternatives and it's unclear to me if the alternatives will be as detrimental to MF as regular bleach. Probably not, but I'm no chemist.

Just for the beans of it, I washed 2 of my Propel pads in Tide with about 1/4 cup of Simple Green. The foam came out just fine. I had a minor problem with some of the H&L material delaminating round the middle of the pad, but I don't think it'll affect performance.
                      Black 2004 Ford F150 FX4

Comment

Personally, I use a liquid soap such as Tide, and throw 1 cup of white distilled vinegar in the wash with them. The vinegar dissolves the wax very well.
                        ~Mike
                        98 Mustang GT
                        Buckeye Stangs - Ohio Based Mustang Enthusiasts

Comment

Originally posted by USMCStang
                          Personally, I use a liquid soap such as Tide, and throw 1 cup of white distilled vinegar in the wash with them. The vinegar dissolves the wax very well.
                          hmm never thought of Vinegar, I'll have to give it a try!
                          Patrick Yu
                          2003 Honda Accord
                          2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Clean the washing machine

I noticed that a couple of times my MF towels came out of the wassher seemingly OK, but the paint streaked when I used them. I checked things out and discovered that when the front load washer is used with a liquid fabric softener for other wash loads, sometimes a fair amount of softener builds up in the final rinse cup (where the softener is normally added). This means that even though I didn't add any softener when washing MF towels and pads, they were getting left overs from the previous washes.

Now I clean the rinse cups and run a load of wash without softener to flush the system before I do my MF washes, and no more streaking!

Comment

What happens to the microfibre when they are washed in bleach?? Does it reduce the life of the cloth, does it end up scratching the paint.... also can you wash the cotton terry towels with bleach?...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');