• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any tricks of the trade for my wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any tricks of the trade for my wheels?

i really struggle to stay on top of these keeping these wheels nice. i could use some ideas on how to use metal polish close to the bolts? theres not enough room to make a back n forth motion to buff at the metal in the tight corners or around the bolts

any ideas please...and no i dont run them in winter

Soft toothbrush? Maybe a baby's brush?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Buy a Dremel kit. With the right attachment you should be able to get into most areas. Otherwise, purchase different wheels. Those are ghastly to clean.

Comment

Originally posted by everglo
        Buy a Dremel kit. With the right attachment you should be able to get into most areas. Otherwise, purchase different wheels. Those are ghastly to clean.
        Dremel... good idea, the wheels look great but like mentioned above look like a nightmare.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

The idea with a wheel like this is to be dedicated to keeping them clean. Use a wheel cleaner that is safe for "all" wheels including polished aluminum. As long as you stay on top of them they wont be a problem. If you get behind, you'll pay!
          Quadruple Honda Owner
          Black cars are easy!

Comment

I've got it! You could maybe even patent this idea and make some $$$ off of it. Take a socket(from your socket set) that is a few sizes bigger than the bolts placing a good quality MF towel over the opening, add appropriate metal polish and twist. Voila! As long as you keep a clean portion of the towel on it scratching should be kept to a minimum. Please let me know how this works.

Comment

the socket idea isnt a bad idea

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');