• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help need a trick....for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help need a trick....for

Hi guys, living here in N.E we had had a few bad Winter days with freezing rain and one day my wife turned the winshield wiper on and half of the rubber came off and exposed the metal piece that keeps this in place causing it to rub on the glass making an ever so light mark ( scratch) that travels half circle the path of the wiper.
    I wonder if there is a product/ trick to hide it or buff it out.

Thanks in advance

Hector aka HEK
    Speed safely........

Pics of Moco II
    Pics of Chula

can you feel the scratch with your finger nail?? unless its very very slight i doubt you will do much with . ive seen a few glass polishing kits before, but if kinda leaves the spot like the bottom of a coke bottle to look through, as its made a slight indentation where the damge was

Comment

I can feel it bit is not as deep or wide as you may think, I just would hate to do as one guy here at work suggested,....wait for Summer, get a stone and well you get the picture, have the insurance change it... , I don't think so...
      Speed safely........

Pics of Moco II
      Pics of Chula

Comment

The only hope is a Glass Polishing kit, if you want to do it yoruself. None of Meguiars products are meant to remove a scratch in glass.

I think a company called Eastwood makes a glass polishing kit. Perhaps a Google search would turn it up.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Murr1525, I appreciate your hint, I just found a web site that sells such product and will purchase it...even if it just covers it up a bit I will be happy ..
          Speed safely........

Pics of Moco II
          Pics of Chula

Comment

Originally posted by HEK
            I can feel it bit is not as deep or wide as you may think, I just would hate to do as one guy here at work suggested,....wait for Summer, get a stone and well you get the picture, have the insurance change it... , I don't think so...
            People do that all the time; I couldn't. I thought I heard mention of a state which allows for insurance replacement of windshields that have conditions which interfere with your vision, maybe it is your state?

Comment

if your insurance covers it , then claim ! ive had about 4 screens in my car...all genuine stone damage, but no one checks

Comment

If you have glass coverage, go to a glass shop and see if they can replace it and bill your insurance directly.

there is no deductable for glass coverage.

If it's on the drivers side, chances are it will fail inspection in Mass so they would be required to replace it for you.

If you don't have glass coverage, you can try that kit,
                or you can try to use (search google) pit filler resin for the scratches, then use pit polish after the resin

Comment

Thank's again for the reply's I received a polishing kit that I hope to use once the weather breaks here in MA, and one thing I should mention is that once I washed the van last weekend the scratch is less noticeable from the inside ( wish I had a picture to post) and is most noticeable at the base of the windshield where the wipers rest. Hope this works here is a picture of this kit...(e.mail me if you want the name of the link )
                  Speed safely........

Pics of Moco II
                  Pics of Chula

Comment

Re: Help need a trick....for

Originally posted by HEK View Post
                    Thank's again for the reply's I received a polishing kit that I hope to use once the weather breaks here in MA, and one thing I should mention is that once I washed the van last weekend the scratch is less noticeable from the inside ( wish I had a picture to post) and is most noticeable at the base of the windshield where the wipers rest. Hope this works here is a picture of this kit...(e.mail me if you want the name of the link )

Did you ever use the kit? how did it work?
                    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');