• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grit Guard/Wash Mitt cleaning stand...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grit Guard/Wash Mitt cleaning stand...

Here is another use for your Grit Guard Insert. I use it to rinse(with my garden hose) my wash mitts out... they stay off the ground keeping dirt/sand from getting in the mitt then water runs right out the bottom.

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Boy, that thing has gotten some use, hasnt it!
    Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
    Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

The wash mitt? Yeah... when it dries it looks much better and its kind of rolled up in the photo.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Re: Grit Guard/Wash Mitt cleaning stand...

Originally posted by gb387
        Here is another use for your Grit Guard Insert. I use it to rinse(with my garden hose) my wash mitts out... they stay off the ground keeping dirt/sand from getting in the mitt then water runs right out the bottom.

They also make pretty good drying racks as well. Usually by the time I am done washing I have 2 mitts, and 3 brush heads that need cleaning and drying. I have 4 of the Girt Guards and wash all this stuff right on them as you do. Then I simply keep them on there for drying. I do wring/sling the water out of them first, then I hit them with the leaf blower for GP. Then they are returned to the Grit Guard for drying. I have no garage so after I wring/sling and blow them out a bit, if the weather does not look right I can carry them in and lay them in the bathtub until dry. They don't drip at this point but I still put them in the bathtub just in case.

I do all of my Polishing/cleaning pads pretty much the same way.
        Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Re: Re: Grit Guard/Wash Mitt cleaning stand...

Originally posted by Jeff Smith
          They also make pretty good drying racks as well.

After rinsing out my mitts or my brushes I let them sit on top of the Grit Guard in the bucket with the lid off to drip and air dry. Works well and keeps everything in one place.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Grit Guard/Wash Mitt cleaning stand...

Originally posted by Mike Phillips

After rinsing out my mitts or my brushes I let them sit on top of the Grit Guard in the bucket with the lid off to drip and air dry. Works well and keeps everything in one place.
            I have one of the Grit Guard system buckets with the screw top. I have been thinking about drilling a few holes in it and Stacking the Grit Guards up in it with the various brushes and such. Then screw the lid on. They should not mold/mildew as long as air is getting to them.
            Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Are these "Grit Guards" avaiilable overseas?
              Detailing is a passion NOT a chore

Comment

You can contact Meguias in Australia to see I am sure, but also can try gritguard.com to see where they ship.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Many thanks again Murr i'll give them a call soon, also can ya get the meguiar's bucket over here aswell? as i have seen them in members forum pics
                  Detailing is a passion NOT a chore

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');