• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compounds for wet sanding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compounds for wet sanding

hello guys, im new to this site im planning on doing a wet sand process to my truck but i really dont know what products to use after the sanding. apparently there are so many products that i dont know which one is the most adequate one. what buffing compound do you guys recommend right after sanding? and for polishing? im planning on using a 2000 and finish with a 2500 grit

Re: Compounds for wet sanding

What machines do you have to work with to remove the sanding marks?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

M105 & a woolpad or cuttingpad on a rotary work very well for removing wetsandingmarks .
      To refine after compounding M205 or M80 & a polishingpad on a DA will give you the result your after !
      Just make sure that you remove all sandingmarks before you start polishing to a high gloss !

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        What machines do you have to work with to remove the sanding marks?
        Meguiar’s® Dual Action Polisher G110 would that do?

Originally posted by geert dr View Post
        M105 & a woolpad or cuttingpad on a rotary work very well for removing wetsandingmarks .
        To refine after compounding M205 or M80 & a polishingpad on a DA will give you the result your after !
        Just make sure that you remove all sandingmarks before you start polishing to a high gloss !
        alright, thanks. should i add wax?

Comment

If you already have the G110, then it certainly wouldn't hurt to try. Prime the pads per the Kevin Brown Method to slightly increase your cutting ability. Will you be using a cutting pad, or a polishing pad?

Other than that, rotary buffing is usually required to remove wetsanding marks.

Comment

In my experience it is possible to remove wetsandingmarks with a G110 (DA).
            I did a test on a scrap panel that i wetsanded with 2000grit and 2500grit Wet and dry ( 3M ).

On the first picture i used M105 & a Even Coat Applicator. (3 passes )

On the second picture M105 & a cuttingpad on a DA (2 passes)

When i was finished the panel looked like this !

STARTED WITH THIS

ENDRESULT

Comment

ok, i see now, but for best results on wet sanding marks, a rotary buffer would be better and a DA for polishing

one more question, now that thought about it a bit more, what if i dont decide to wet sand, could i still use the M105 for removing some minor scratches and then finish up with a M205 or M80? both process on a DA

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');