• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alright, I need some assistance....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright, I need some assistance....

I found a local Mirka supplier, and picked up a 6" Mirks Bulldog palm sander, and some Abralon system 2000 and 4000 grit pads.

Everything is going pretty good, but I am getting some circular marks that are a pain to get out. They are little half moon shaped marks that follow the DA's track.

How do I keep these from forming?

Thanks,
    Nick
    2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Re: Alright, I need some assistance....

Could be build up or maybe some dirt particles from the paint. Don't really know without seeing it in person.

Tic

Comment

These are called pigtails, they are caused by any type of abrasive particle trapped between your sanding disc and the paint.

The secret is to always work clean, keep the surface clean, keep your sanding discs clean.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Bingo guys! Just tried another section, and kept the work surface of the hood and the machine clean. Buffed it out with some M105, and she is clean as a whistle

This is soooooooo much better than doing it by hand!

Nick
        2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
        2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
        2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
        2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');