• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cav's shaping up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cav's shaping up

I've been plaing around with the rotary, last week was DACP and #2, tonight was #9 and a finishing pad. All I can say is WOW. I did the hood first (two passes) working the #9 until it was gone. After wiping it down with a MF, I took a peek in direct sunlight. Talk about taking the finish to a new level, if it wasn't for the 72,000 miles worth of rock chips, the finish would look showroom, not a mark on it anywhere. I went ahead and buffed the rest of the car with the same set up and then wiped it down. Other than the trunk lid it's perfect. Tomorrow, I'll hit the trunk again then cover the whole car with some Collinite Insulator.

I have to say, the #9 with the finishing pad was the easiest experience I've had with the rotary to date. I kept the buffer at about 1.75 on the dial (1,200-1,300 rpms + / - ) and it was so sweet to work with.

I think I'm starting to like this thing.
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Re: The Cav's shaping up

Don

I have been kind of following your experiences with the rotary... I can't remember did you start on the Cav or a panel from the junk yard?
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I got a junkyard hood to practice with first
      Don
      12/27/2015
      "Darth Camaro"
      2013 Camaro ... triple black
      323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');