• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

makita 9227c newbie question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• makita 9227c newbie question

Have bought a new makita 9227c polisher as i wanted to venture into DIY grooming of my own ride.
    however i'm a little confused .
    opened up the package, tried to fix everything up
    noticed that the backing plate and the wool pad has a hole in the center. Coming along with the package is a long black pvc tube.
    am i suppose to insert this to secure the wool pad to the backing plate? however it seems a little too long so do i need to cut it myself? or is there a part missing ?

Re: makita 9227c newbie question

If you insert the small plastic tube into the backing plate hole, you can use it as a post to center the wool pad onto the backing plate.

I would look into a smaller backing plate, too. Unless you are planning on using 8" pads exclusively, the stock one is too big. The W66 and W68 plates are always some of my favorites.
    Chris
    Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Just in case you didn't know, remove the black plastic tube after you center your pad on the polisher. It's only to help you center, not meant to be a permenant addition.

Comment

Originally posted by HCAD View Post
        Just in case you didn't know, remove the black plastic tube after you center your pad on the polisher. It's only to help you center, not meant to be a permenant addition.
        That would actually be funny if they did not take it out.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');