• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rotary and swirl remover 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rotary and swirl remover 2.0

I've got a few newbie questions, I have a rotary buffer that I'm confident to use but I just need to ask which pads and product I should be using.

So far I've been thinking of using Swirl Remover 2.0 with the rotary buffer, is this okay?
    I've tried SwirlX with the rotary and it won't get rid of the swirls.

Also, which Lake Country pads should I use with the rotary/swirl remover 2.0? there are all different colours ranging from:

yellow
    orange
    green
    white
    black
    blue

This has been bugging me for so long on which one I should use.

After the swirl remover 2.0 ill be going over it with a wax like nxt 2.0

I should also mention the car is silver metallic.

Re: rotary and swirl remover 2.0

The problem is actually achieving a 100% swirl-free finish using only a rotary buffer. I have a few threads about this in the Hot Topics forum that explains the obstacles to overcome.

The biggest point is that sometimes it's not about you or how good you are, or your pad choice or your product choice, some paints just are not as polishable as others.

If you really want to finish out with a rotary buffer to a swirl free finish try using a Makita and bumping the RPM's down to the low setting, which is 600 RPM, use a clean, soft finishing pad and some M205, not #9 Swirl Remover 2.0

A much, much easier way to achieve a 100% swirl free finish in any kind of light is to finish out using a DA polisher like the G110v2 or the G220v2, (which ever works in your country), as by switching to a DA Polisher you get away from the direct, rotating action of a rotary buffer and switch over to the dual action of both oscillating and rotating at the same time thus no swirl problems.

Also note, SwirlX is not for use with rotary buffers.

This is posted to the forum homepage,

Have Questions? Looking for Answers?
    So much good, practical and helpful information in the "Information Station" like these two forum groups and the List 'O Links thread.
    Hot Topics
    How To Articles
    List 'O Links 2.0

Those links are your friends. Look in the Hot Topics forum, there's at least 4 pages of "hot topics" and by hot topics I mean topics that come up all the time, as in over and over and over again and in the hot topics forum group you will find at least 2-3 threads on the topic of create a swirl free finish using only a rotary buffer. Some very detailed replies in all of them.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      The problem is actually achieving a 100% swirl-free finish using only a rotary buffer. I have a few threads about this in the Hot Topics forum that explains the obstacles to overcome.

The biggest point is that sometimes it's not about you or how good you are, or your pad choice or your product choice, some paints just are not as polishable as others.

If you really want to finish out with a rotary buffer to a swirl free finish try using a Makita and bumping the RPM's down to the low setting, which is 600 RPM, use a clean, soft finishing pad and some M205, not #9 Swirl Remover 2.0

A much, much easier way to achieve a 100% swirl free finish in any kind of light is to finish out using a DA polisher like the G110v2 or the G220v2, (which ever works in your country), as by switching to a DA Polisher you get away from the direct, rotating action of a rotary buffer and switch over to the dual action of both oscillating and rotating at the same time thus no swirl problems.

This is posted to the forum homepage,

Those links are your friends. Look in the Hot Topics forum, there's at least 4 pages of "hot topics" and by hot topics I mean topics that come up all the time, as in over and over and over again and in the hot topics forum group you will find at least 2-3 threads on the topic of create a swirl free finish using only a rotary buffer. Some very detailed replies in all of them.

Hi, the product you mentioned (M205) is about $85 here. I don't think I can come to paying that much money on a product. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure its a very good product but I'm not up to that stage yet to spend it on this car.
      So hopefully I can work with what I do have now which is Swirl Remover 2.0 and my LC Green pads with the rotary.

Few nights ago I broke the rules and used my rotary with a very cheap foam pad and used Swirlx. After about 3 quick passes I reduced swirling by a lot. I had a spot light on the section I was buffing and it had drastically reduced swirling. I was happy with that outcome, I'm not after a perfect 100% swirl free finish because my car is a daily that goes to a lot of places and is used by another family member buts its mainly my car to drive.

Can I get the go ahead and use Swirl remover 2.0 with the LC green pads? I hope so as I already purchased them two!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Originally posted by unique View Post
        Can I get the go ahead and use Swirl remover 2.0 with the LC green pads? I hope so as I already purchased them two!
        Sometimes using a product the way it was not intended can create astonishing results - but since SwirlX is not designed at all to be used with a rotary (it generates too much heat) I would stop what you're doing and save up for either an AIO like D151 or a fine polish like M205 (which is increcibly versatile combined with different pads, RPM, pressure and techniques). I've seen horrendous results with Ultimate Compound used with a rotary where I spent two days fixing the problems....
        09 Toyota Verso Polar Blue Metallic 1.8 MultidriveS Premium
        - paint softer than butter

Comment

Thanks for the further info EssieK.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');