• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proper dilution for IPA wipedown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper dilution for IPA wipedown?

I am curious, what is the proper dilution to be safe yet still remove all oils from a perfect panel before applying the LSP?

Professionals please help me out?
    www.firstclassmobiledetailing.com

Re: Proper dilution for IPA wipe down?

If you are using our products there is no need to use IPA before applying a LSP.

The Mfg's we have worked with recommend a 50/50 IPA & water mix to wipe down the surface for inspection purposes during the correction phase to ensure 100% of the defects are removed.

If they are removed, you then polish and then go straight to any of our LSP's. If the defects remain, simply repeat the correction step using the same procedure or you may have to adjust pad, product, pressure, speed, etc. to get the results you are looking for.

Mike
    Mike Pennington
    Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
    Meguiar's, Inc.
    800-854-8073
    mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Re: Proper dilution for IPA wipedown?

Originally posted by Details View Post
      I am curious, what is the proper dilution to be safe yet still remove all oils from a perfect panel before applying the LSP?

Professionals please help me out?
      50/50 with water or in other words a 1:1 ratio...

Comment

Thanks guys
        www.firstclassmobiledetailing.com

Comment

The dilution is simple. Just pour a pint bottle of IPA into a quart sprayer bottle and fill the spray with water. No math required.
          Al
          ~ Providing biased opinions

Comment

1:1 With distilled water.If it's too hot, to prevent evaporation of alcohol i used one part IPA and two parts water.

www.ozcarwash.ro
            Atelierul de cosmetica auto din Craiova

Comment

If I am not mistaken, ipa comes in different strengths. So to get as close to the 50/50 solution. Make sure your ipa is 94%. I believe that is about as close as you will get.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');