• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does this sound for just starting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does this sound for just starting?

I have done a little research and thought these would be a good little package to get me started using my rotary. I picked up a used Dewalt 849 the other day on craigslist and was trying to figure out what backing plate and pads to get. After reading a few posts it seems like the solo easy buff backing plate was recommended. I was thinking the following:

- Meguiars Solo Easy Buff backing plate
    - W7207 Cutting Pad
    - W8207 Polishing Pad
    - W9207 Finishing Pad

I am going to start with these and practice on a couple hoods in my garage. Let me know what you think. Also, when it comes to fenders and trunks (small detailed areas) what backing plates do you guys use? Thanks in advance!

Re: How does this sound for just starting?

To begin with your are doing the right thing by starting with hoods and practicing As they say, practice makes perfect.

While the So1o backing plate is will work, you should probably try the W68 Backing Plate .

It was designed specifically for the new foam pads as in overall performance as well as self centering....

Let us know how the 1st couple of practice sessions go

Mike
    Mike Pennington
    Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
    Meguiar's, Inc.
    800-854-8073
    mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');