• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solo

any tips from anyone using it?
    Mike
    The Shine Shop
    410-833-1632
    Reisterstown MD

Re: solo

It's for fresh paint only, as in the car was painted yesterday, or a few days ago.

After your pad gets broken in, it doesn't take much product or lots of pressure to make the product cut. It's important that you finish sand with the higher grade papers when wet-sanding. #1500 by machine or #2000 by hand.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

i know that this is sold and recomended for new paint only ---but--- i have already replaced the #85 with the new solo in my shop. every time even on oem paint the results have been flawless. my advice is go to a body shop and get an old fender or door or tailgate (thell give them to you for free) and practice wet sanding and then remove the sanding marks with the solo and DONT DO A CUSTOMER RIDE TILL YOU HAVE A SYSTEM DOWN. the solo cuts fast then polishes. I follow that with m80 and the DA polisher and my results again and again are flawless.. please pm me with any more questions about solo as i dont want people on the forum to think that this product is for anything but new paint. i dont want to get into trouble for saying this thank you
      custom mobile detailing located in central maine

Comment

Have you tried the new pads with #80/#83 and the PC?
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

no the solo system i keep together and seperate from other products
          custom mobile detailing located in central maine

Comment

I've been waiting for someone else to be the guinea pig, to see if the diamond pads/#80/#83 with the PC would be any stronger that the 8006 pad, give a good finish, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              I've been waiting for someone else to be the guinea pig, to see if the diamond pads/#80/#83 with the PC would be any stronger that the 8006 pad, give a good finish, etc.
              Cool!!! Have you now started using a PC / G100? I know that you were hoping to buy a machine polisher (PC) and start trying it out. You will love the PC! I could not believe you were still detailing by hand.

After you get some practice with the PC, then we will try and talk you into getting a rotary! You would love it!!!!

Tim
              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Just waiting on the pads, backing plate to arrive. And some decent weather.....

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                  Just waiting on the pads, backing plate to arrive. And some decent weather.....
                  Cool!!!! About time we got you into a G100! Then like I said, a little later down the road, we will get you into the rotary!!

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Just getting a PC Murr... Best item you could ever add to your detailing collection. Let us know how it works out for you. My back hurts just thinking about working by hand again!
                    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I'm just hurting waiting for good weather and the FedEx guy... the delivery company, not the idiot.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');