• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passes on Average?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passes on Average?

How many passes do you guys get with #83 and the buffer speed at about 1300-1500rpm on a panel section before you begin to dry buff. I've been practicing on a junker and I've noticed that my product disapears rather quickly and also only in certain areas. Any tips?
    Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Can't answer that, but do you put the product on the pad or lay out a bead an pick it up on the pass?

Comment

I lay a bead of product about 8-10in. in length and pick up on the go just like in the meg's video.
      Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

For the hot weather in my country, usually I can do only 2 passes before the product dries up. Everything done within 10 seconds. Final polishing is the most critical to determine whether I'll get buffer holograms, hence it's better for me to stop buffing early.
        zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
          Can't answer that, but do you put the product on the pad or lay out a bead an pick it up on the pass?
          Is it better to put it on the pad or the surface?

Comment

kpagel, it's best to put on the surface for rotary buffing.
            zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Originally posted by zey
              kpagel, it's best to put on the surface for rotary buffing.
              Thanks for the help, I've been putting it on the pad like a PC.

Comment

to me, there's simply not a better combo than my rotary, #83 and a swirled panel.

I make 2 passes , sometimes one pass at 15000rpm , before dust , and say "bye bye " swirls..

with orange pad

Comment

Originally posted by tumbler
                  to me, there's simply not a better combo than my rotary, #83 and a swirled panel.

I make 2 passes , sometimes one pass at 15000rpm , before dust , and say "bye bye " swirls..

with orange pad
                  Orange pad? What brand are you using?

Comment

dewalt 849

Sonus 7.5" curved constant pressure Orange pad

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');