• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New DA Foam Pad with G110?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DA Foam Pad with G110?

Guys,

I just received my new DA foam pads and have some questions on which product I should use and speed for my G110 on my 2015 Silver SS? Paint is in excellent condition with minor swirls/scratches due to desert dusty conditions. Here're the products I have on hand:

M9
    M80
    Ultimate Compound
    Ultimate Polish
    M105
    M205
    D300

Thanks again,
    Wig

Re: New DA Foam Pad with G110?

As always the test spot with the least aggressive product and pad will tell you what the paint wants.

What pads do you have?

M205 on a polishing pad is a good place to start.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

I have the 5" red, yellow and black.

Thanks,
      Wig

Comment

I'm going to assume these are the new Meguiar's foam disks.

The yellow polishing pad with M205 is my recommendation. From there you can move up ultimate compound and a burgundy cutting pad if you need more correction. Or even try ultimate compound on the yellow polishing pad before going to the burgundy pad.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Guz,

Thanks for your advice and they are the new foam disks. I'm use your recommendation of 205 and follow up with some ultimate wax and after it cures, will top it with some M07...Is speed 4 still good for correction with these new foam disks?

Wig

Comment

Try speed 5 to start. Be sure to put some kind of protection after you are done correcting. M7 is not really needed. It's a glaze that will fill in fine defects. It has no correction or protection properties.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Guz,

Thanks for your advise! Planning on using the M7 after I wax with Ultimate wax, just love the gold glow that M7 adds after the wax has cured.

Wig

Comment

Another option is to apply another coat of ultimate wax after applying M7. It will lock in the polishing oils a little longer as M7 doesn't last that long.
                99 Grand Prix
                02 Camaro SS

Comment

That's a fabulous idea!

Thanks,
                  Wig

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');