• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard waterspot, please help me..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard waterspot, please help me..

Hi.. i want to ask how to remove hard water spot??I have using meguiars ultimate compound by hand, and by dual action polisher with polishing pad. but the waterspot doesn't come out..Is there any trick to remove it??

Re: Hard waterspot, please help me..

Is it on the paint or glass? It could be etched pretty deep if it is in the paint. Maybe you can post up a photo.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

it is on the paint with the complex contour..and it is etching the finish..I'm sorry i dont have the picture right now.I'm worry for sanding it, because the contour body is too complex, and I just have d/a polisher...can you help me??

Comment

I usually use meguiars all wheel brightener on the paint because it contains acid.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry90 View Post
          I usually use meguiars all wheel brightener on the paint because it contains acid.
          It does't work...

I have been used : vinegar, Meguiars Ultimate Compound both by hand and DA with megs polishing pad (Yellow), Meg APC, Meg wheel brightener....

It still DOESN'T work......

Any idea?? please help me...

Comment

Take some pictures?

Comment

I dont have the picture right now, because if I want to take picture, i have to remove the the tire first,

but this is the picture from internet, that have been remove the tire..

the surface like this

Comment

So the waterspot is on your rotors? Oh ok..

Comment

Is that in the wheel well?
                  99 Grand Prix
                  02 Camaro SS

Comment

No,, the water spot on my back door of my car and behind the tire...

look at this picture

Comment

So the waterspot is behind your covered spare tire.. Oh ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
                        So the waterspot is behind your covered spare tire.. Oh ok.
                        Yeah that's right...

Now, how could I remove this hard waterspot ???

Comment

If you've already tried to compound it with a DA and even the Wheel Brightener trick didn't work, [great tip btw] I would suggest you learn to love the little waterspot behind the tire..

I've got a dimple on my hood that bugs me if I let it. It's probably similar to your waterspot situation. [except my situation is a small dent in the middle of my hood, where people can actually see it. Lol]
                          And just like you don't feel like it's completly safe to wetsand, I'm too chicken to take a suction cup to my dimple.. And last time I checked I'm no expert in PDR either... With my luck I'd probably wind up making it worse if I tried either of those 2 tricks. I did try the compressed air/blow dryer trick but it didn't work..

My advice is learn to live with it. At the end of the day it's just a little waterspot behind your spare tire

Comment

so, there is no way to get these waterspots out from my curved body paint??

Comment

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
                              If you've already tried to compound it with a DA and even the Wheel Brightener trick didn't work, [great tip btw] I would suggest you learn to love the little waterspot behind the tire..

My advice is learn to live with it. At the end of the day it's just a little waterspot behind your spare tire
                              Going to have to agree with this as well.
                              99 Grand Prix
                              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');