• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Smaller Plate - Is this correct ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Smaller Plate - Is this correct ?

HI, I got a Meguair Polisher a couple months back and did 3 cars so far. I think it's time to get the smaller backing plate so I can improve my result on those narrow and small areas plus more cutting power.

Problem is , I bought the plate and the pads. There was no instruction on how to assemble it. So hope I can get some help from the advance users.

for the plate : 4 parts altogether. Part 1- the plate, Part 2- the fat screw head which we use the tool provided with Meguair Polisher, Part 3- A 2 way adapter where one end of the adapter can be screwed into the meguair polisher, Part 4 - A spacer.

I am not too sure if i got this correct but it seems to fit into Da Polishers. I am unsure on the location of the spacer but now placing it between the plate and teh Part2 fat screw head.

Finally, I have also attach a picture of how the entire thing look like when installed on DA Polisher. The gap looks wide compared to the original plate supplied with the set. Is this correct ?

Thanks for your patience and apologies for the stupid questions if any.

Re: New Smaller Plate - Is this correct ?

That's the way I had it. Hopefully you got one that lasts more than one use.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation Guz. 2 other questions if you dont mind :

1)"Hopefully you got one that lasts more than one use." - Are you implying that the backing plate of the foam pad wont last based on your experience ?
      2)After testing with several of those adaptor screw I notice we could assemble one method with a very small gap betwen the backing plate and Da Polisher and another which is as per my picture above. Do you know how do you decide which mode to use ( ie when to have smaller gap and when to have bigger gap between the backing plate and DA polisher )

Thanks and appreciate the kind advice as always.

Comment

My backing plate failed after one use. The threads inside stripped. I had it the same exact way you had it pictured. The new 3" backing plate looks and feels much better than this one.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Okay. That not so good news. Did you try and check with Meguair if it was a quality issue ?

I can't wait for the new plates although I am drooling to get them when I see the reviews and testimonials all over the forum. It seems that it will take another 12 months before it reaches malaysia according to the local distributor.

Lucky for you guys in the US.

Comment

Some of us had issues. You can check it out in this thread.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...g-plate-failed!
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');