• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best process using D300, M205 & Others ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best process using D300, M205 & Others ?

Guys,

Looking for the ultimate finish on my silver car. I've started with D300 and was wondering what products below would yield the best results:

M205
    ULP
    M07
    ULW
    M26 ( just picked this up today after hearing so much about it/will possibly use on top of the ULW)

Thanks,
    Wig

Well ULW and M26 is a great combo but those are just waxes

UP and M205 are just polishes that will give u that shine

And M7 is strictly a glaze that will give a superior shine but really more towards a darker colored car.

But u can go ahead and do a few options and u will get how great all 3 are. But there is a few options

1- UP,M7, ULW,M26
    2- UP,ULW or just M26
    3- M205,ULW, M26
    4- M205,ULW or just M26
    5- M205,M7,ULW,M26

It's hard what to narrow it down to as they all are outstanding products.

Comment

Re: Best process using D300, M205 & Others ?

Yeah, like Brett said, there are lots of options and it's hard to say what will look best on your particular paint and to your eyes.

You might want to try a bit of experimentation.

Did you apply the D300 with a MF or foam pad?

If it were me, I'd just apply M205 on a yellow foam pad, then ULW and call it done.
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I'm leaning with Davey on this one. You could always add M26 12 hours after applying UW. You may or may not notice any difference with it over UW by itself. Try it on one panel and see how it looks.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

I say that's prob the easiest and best way to go as mike and davey said. I tend to listen to those 2 more as they are far more knowledgable about this stuff than me, also they have way more experience with a ton of products. Ur only gonna b able to get that car so shiny that adding say M7 after M205 is almost a waste. Just go with the 205 and ULW, and like mike said add the m26 12 hours later after the ULW had time to cure, but that step is completely up to u.

Comment

Guys,

Thanks for your suggestions, I'm using the DA system with D300 and will follow your advice with M205, ULW and M26 after ULW cures.

Wig

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');