• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question about cleaning pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about cleaning pads

I was reading that you can soak your pads in warm water and dawn soap then rinse. Does it matter if the velcrow(sp) part gets wet?

Although Meguiars does not advise washing your pads.....I do. I soak the whole pad in hot water with dawn and it works pretty well. So far the pads are holding up fine.

Most of the time I just put the pads on my rotary and clean them with a cleaning brush designed for the rotary. But, sometimes after the pad has been used a bit, I will clean it in water/dawn.
    Last edited by RDVT4ME; May 6, 2005, 06:40 PM.
    -Bob
    NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

I have dedicated pads for each product. When I finish using a chemical, I dab it with a old terry towel to start getting it dry. I then let it air dry. When dry, I put it back on the PC and use a super soft toothbrush on it to get the residue out. Before using it again, I run my hand across the pad to make sure it is soft and no dried product is left on the pad.

Comment

Originally posted by trubluscrew
        I have dedicated pads for each product. When I finish using a chemical, I dab it with a old terry towel to start getting it dry. I then let it air dry. When dry, I put it back on the PC and use a super soft toothbrush on it to get the residue out. Before using it again, I run my hand across the pad to make sure it is soft and no dried product is left on the pad.
        This is a good practice. You can mark your pads with a black permanent marker, simply write the number or the name of the product you're using with each pad. This will help you from cross-contaminating products onto your pad.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');