• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Meguiar's Dual Action Polisher has finally retired on me. Could this be the cord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Meguiar's Dual Action Polisher has finally retired on me. Could this be the cord?

It was the original G110 model it had given me 6 years of work 4 times a years on numerous cars. Looks to me though it could also just be the cord, since Im reading about the V2 having this problem where the power goes to full strength then slowly loses power then comes back on again. Could this be the power cord? Sometime if it'll stall i'll have to spin the head with my hand or pull on it down and it begin spinning again. Does this sound like the same thing?

How about brushes that are so worn that they are making intermittent and incomplete contact with the armature?
    Doing the best I can with what I've got.

Comment

Re: My Meguiar's Dual Action Polisher has finally retired on me. Could this be the co

Originally posted by larry0071 View Post
      How about brushes that are so worn that they are making intermittent and incomplete contact with the armature?
      How do i check? If it is can I replace them?

Comment

Re: My Meguiar's Dual Action Polisher has finally retired on me. Could this be the co

Where can I take something like this to be looked at or repaired?

Comment

I don't have one, but many similar motors will have round plugs on the outside of the housing that you can simply unscrew to gain access to the brushes. Not sure if they were designed for easy access to the brushes like that our if you need to take the housing apart?

Comment

If ur somewhat handy then u should b able to change the brushes ur self. It should b in the manual how to do so, so 1st is to read up on that.

Comment

I got same problwm in europe 2 times
              Same mashine new it wos swich for power and speed do you got full speed and then slow or just turn off ?

Comment

It appears from looking at photos of the G110 version 1 that it did not have the extendable brush plugs in the case. That was an added feature in the version 2. So yours would require that the housing be opened up to gain access to the brushes, or conversely, the switch assembly.

Comment

I dont have the manual. Are yall talking about the part that looks like fins, and from that outside you can see rotating.

Comment

You should take it to a local small motor repair shop. Most towns will have a place that can repair small appliance items and the such, like drills, vacuums, and other small electric motor driven objects. I would suggest making a couple calls looking for someone like that.

Comment

Originally posted by larry0071 View Post
                      You should take it to a local small motor repair shop. Most towns will have a place that can repair small appliance items and the such, like drills, vacuums, and other small electric motor driven objects. I would suggest making a couple calls looking for someone like that.
                      Sounds about the best bet, thank you

Comment

If I remember correctly, the first edition of Meguiar's DA was a rebranded Porter-Cable 7424.

Maybe do a 'google' for PC and see if you can find parts list/assembly diagrams.

Bill

Comment

I think the rebranded PC 7424 was the Meguiar's G100 model.

Originally posted by BillE View Post
                          If I remember correctly, the first edition of Meguiar's DA was a rebranded Porter-Cable 7424.

Maybe do a 'google' for PC and see if you can find parts list/assembly diagrams.

Bill
                          Andy W.
                          Bimmers - '72 Tii, '74 Tii, '88 M3, '91 318is, & '01 330i
                          Ford - '91 Ranger

Comment

I would try and find a manual 1st. U can get it off the Internet these days. Then see if its something u feel comfortable withand if not then a repair shop. But b smart about it. If he's gonna charge u $100 to fix it I would just scrap it and put that towards a new g110v2. Which u can find for around $165. But get the manual. U wanna save sum cash ur gonna have to put some work in it. So research the net!

Comment

Originally posted by bmrfan View Post
                              I think the rebranded PC 7424 was the Meguiar's G100 model.
                              I think you are correct.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');