• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternate ClayBar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate ClayBar

Should I stick to old school Claybar?

Nanoskin AS-006 AutoScrub 6" is $30.00 on Amazon and the sponge is $11.69

Re: Alternate ClayBar

If you have a DA then the Pads are great and make claying much faster. Keep clay around or get the sponges for the tighter areas
    Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
    Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

I am also looking at some cyclo toolmakers 3" nanoskin pads to get at the tighter areas of my cars...but I still plan on keeping a couple bars traditional clay just because.
      These 3" pads will be perfect for my Griot's Garage 3

"STRIFE" aka Phil
      2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
      2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
      2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

I picked up 2 sponges from detailing.com. They were cheaper than anywhere else. They got the job done on the last car I clayed. I did use clay in the hard to reach areas. The beauty of this product is that it saves time. No more having to knead the sponge. I just cleaned the rubber surface once in awhile. One thing I did notice is that after one use the rubber on one of mine has started to peel up.

This is where I got mine from.
        Nanoskin Autoscrub Sponge - Fine Grade works fast and achieves professional results with the new advanced rubber polymer technology, which replaces the use of clay bars. With either dual action orbital polisher or hand application, it safely and easily removes paint over spray, water spots, fresh tree sap, rail dust and other bonded surface contaminants from the surface of automotive paint, glass, moldings and plastic.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');