• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird lines/scaling after buff with cutting pad and M83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird lines/scaling after buff with cutting pad and M83

Hi all,
    Last fall I used my Griots DA on my car. I had a lot of the cobweb looking swirl marks so I after a wash and clay bar I used M83 cleaner/polish with a Meguiar's softbuff burgandy cutting pad. After that I waxed with using M26 hi-tech yellow wax and a beige softbuff pad.

The finished result looked decent, swirl marks weren't gone near as much as I'd like, but the main issue is in certain light I can see these fish scale looking lines along the top of the fender where it curves. Any idea what I did wrong here, and how (if possible) to correct it?

I'll post photos, but it might take me a bit to figure out how, don't see an option below so not sure if I have to photobucket or something else.

Re: Weird lines/scaling after buff with cutting pad and M83

Sorry, not sure how to embed these.

Scaling:

Swirls still there:

Painters tape residue remaining:

As you can see, I've got my work cut out for me in the coming week or two. I've got the Megs softbuff burgandy, yellow, and beige pads. Ultimate Compound, more M83 cleaner/polish, clay bar, as well as a few waxes like hi-tech yellow wax and Polymer sealant.

Let me know if there's any suggestions on using the DA or by hand of how to apply and which product to use to get rid of the scaling, swirls, and the painters tape residue that was left on.

Thanks!

Comment

Looks like scratches.
      As you work you need to check your work and make sure you are removing the defects.
      Go back and polish that our.
      You did nothing wrong you just didn't do enough.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Great, thanks a lot for the advice!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');