• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another G110v2 fan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another G110v2 fan!

Having always done my waxing/polishing/etc. by hand, I've never had any experience using a power polishing tool of any kind. Not a good one at least; I had a quick foray in to the world of the "cheap discount store orbital buffer with the 6-inch cord" in my youth (as I'm sure many of us have done), but that got used once and promptly tossed into the closet never to be used again. I had always had the thought of getting a DA in the back of my mind, but I stuck with hand waxing and never really had much of a yearning for doing it any other way. That is, until I started using Ultimate Liquid Wax. That did it for me. Now, I mean no disrespect to the product by saying that. It's just that no matter what I did, I could never seem to apply it thin enough to allow for easy (proper) removal. Even as I applied as thin as I felt that I possibly could, I was still running over the car with UQD after "removing" the wax. I knew this was a fantastic product, and I wanted to give myself and my car the opportunity to get the most out of it. Between that and the soreness I found myself having after the last time I 3-stepped my wife's car, I began thinking that it was time to invest in the DA. I had mentioned it a couple of times during "car washing days," so my wife being the pinnacle of awesomeness that she is, hooked me up with the G110v2, a set of pads, and some supreme shine towels for my birthday recently!

I finally had the time to give it a try this past Saturday. After a thorough washing, I treated my Black Mica Mazdaspeed 3 to a round of Ultimate Polish and Ultimate Liquid Wax. Now, I'm sure that it will take a few runs to fully get the technique down, but I will say that right out of the gate the results were pretty good. Once I dialed in the right amount of product to dispense on the pad, everything went on uniformly and came off quite easily. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures; I just couldn't get any good ones that showed the finish well. Maybe my next investment should be a good camera!

Anyway, for anyone thinking of taking the plunge into the DA world, I wholeheartedly recommend it. It's fantastic!

Re: Another G110v2 fan!

Good stuff, glad it worked out for you.

Once you move to detailing with a DA, you'll never go back!

I assume you watched some how-to vids about using a DA?
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');