• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just received my new G110v2 Dual Action Polisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received my new G110v2 Dual Action Polisher

Just received my new Meguiar's G110V2 Dual Action Polisher. I went out after work and decided to try it out on my car. I washed the hood, and taped off the center of it. I clayed the passenger side, followed by 2 passes of Ultimate Polish on speed 3, followed by 1 coat of NXT 2.0 Tech Wax. Now I've always taken care of my vehicles, it was already shiny, despite the fact it's a silver car which is hard to shine. Even looking at the difference in color and gloss, the duller drivers side still shined before. I did not touch the drivers side, other than just wiping it off. The work was done on the passenger side only.

Just a few pictures. I hope you can see the difference.

Clayed, 1 pass of Ultimate Polish on Passengers side of hood only, Drivers side wipe down only

Clayed, 2 passes of Ultimate Polish on Passengers side of hood only, Drivers side wipe down only

Clayed, 2 passes of Ultimate Polish, 1 pass of NXT Tech 2.0 Wax on Passengers side of hood only, Drivers side wipe down only, next 2 pictures

Show N Shine Car Detailing - Quality Care, Each and Every Time

Can't tell the difference but if you feel right with it, then it acomplishes his task. Good job there

Comment

Re: Just received my new G110v2 Dual Action Polisher

I think that the reflections are a little bit clearer. Nice job!!!

And congrats on your DA purchase! It'll be one of the best investments you'll ever make in detailing. Not only will you get better results but your body will love you for it.
      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Yeah its not a huge difference, not much more anyone can do to a silver paint job, lol. I take care of it, so even the drivers side still has a shine to it. Now both sides are pretty much equal in shine. Here are a couple new pics from today, I did the drivers side as well, but with SwirlX, followed by #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax. Not really an eye catching difference between the two.(other than the newer shine) I'm saying you can't tell now that one worked better than the other.

All products used work the same for me on this paint color. All in all, thing does reflect more. This was also done in 28 degree weather, lol. Not much detailing going on here at this time. Can't wait till warmer spring weather!!

Show N Shine Car Detailing - Quality Care, Each and Every Time

Comment

Ultimate polish is pretty amazing with a Dual Action polisher

Comment

Looks pretty good to me, I am going to use this polish to do my Silver Car soon.

Comment

Nice work!!
              I can't wait to use the Megs white wax i picked up yesterday
              "STRIFE" aka Phil
              2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
              2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
              2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');