• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about G110v2 after first use and W63 Backing Plate with 4" pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about G110v2 after first use and W63 Backing Plate with 4" pads

Hey guys,

My G110v2 came in about 2 weeks ago and decided that I would give it a test drive on the wife's minivan. I washed with Megs Gold class, clayed (boy did it need it!!), Ultimate Polish (Yellow pad), the Ultimate Wax (Black Finishing Pad). When applying the polish, the DA appeared to have some problems running on Speed 4. I would lay the pad down flat on the hood to work a small area and turn it on. It would start up, run for a few seconds then the RPMs would come down to almost a stop and then they would come back up (applying very little pressure). This happened for a few minutes or so. I noticed that the speed dial (4) was not exactly in the middle, it was up towards the top a litle bit. Is the speed control pretty sensative when it comes to exact placement (middle). I used it on Speed setting 5 for some trouble areas and everything workged great! The only issue I had seemed to be on setting 4. When I applied the Wax on 3 it ran flawlessly. Im just curious if maybe it needed to be broken in a little bit or maybe just the speed dial is pretty sensative.

The other question I have it that I am looking at getting the W63 backing plate with some 4" pads to do bumpers and pillars and small areas. The W63 says it uses a Velcro Hook and Loop attachments system. Is this the same for the backing plate that came with the G110v2 and 7" pads to where the just velcro on?

I was pretty impressed with the G110 pretty easy to use and it appears that I did not do any damage to the wifes mini. The van looked great but since it is white it just didnt pop like a darker vehicle would have. Then again it might have been user error.

Thanks

Re: Questions about G110v2 after first use and W63 Backing Plate with 4" pads

The speed dial should move with a slight resistance on your G110v2. It shouldn't be super easy to just accidentally move it while polishing. Keep an eye on its performance on speed 4 as there may be some issue with it. If it causes problems again contact tech support.

The proper backing plate for use with 4-inch Soft Buff 2.0 spot buffing pads is S3BP.
    W63 is for use with rotary buffers.

Comment

Thanks Greg, after further research I saw that the S3BP was the correct backing plate and I have one and some 4" pads on order. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by cjryan33 View Post
        Hey guys,

It would start up, run for a few seconds then the RPMs would come down to almost a stop and then they would come back up (applying very little pressure). This happened for a few minutes or so.
        I've had this EXACT condition happen to me BUT for me it was during my second time using it. Got the D/A about 6 weeks ago but didn't first us it till the middle of November. My initial experience was awesome & flawless. I was extremely impressed in how quick I could polish & wax a Pontiac Vibe GT! Anyways two weeks later, when I went to use it again, It would start then slow down and would ramp up & down in speed and eventually stop. I would re-start it and it would do it again. Sometimes it would only ramp down once and quit. Maybe every 10 tries it would actually stay running at the normal speed. I wasn't a happy camper. I changes speeds to see if it was the speed control BUT it acted up no matter where it was set. My hunch is that it is in the brushes/assembly somehow and just not making good contact on the commutator. I'll have to contact customer care and see what they suggest. It's possible that yours & mine are part of a bad batch off the assembly line? We'll see..

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');