• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G100A-All you need???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G100A-All you need???

Just curious,

I've been reading all the great reviews on the G100 and I'm ready to put my order in, but i wanted to know if moving from weekend detailer (own car$) to semi-pro (friends and family$$) to pro (everybodys vehicle$$$) (these categories are my own opinion, of course) is the G100a all you need or should it be used in addition and/or instead of the bigger rotary buffers/polishers such as: Makita, Porter*Cable and others.

I will by the G100a, but i like to be prepared for anything else!

any info, Thanks Everybody!

The G-100 is a great tool, but if you are wanting to do detailing as a full-time profession, you will most likely need to use a rotary to correct defects that are beyond the limitations of the G-100. The nice part about the G-100 or PC for that matter is that they are a very safe tool and great for routine paint cleanup and moderate defect removal. The fact that it is lightweight and very versatile makes it a staple in every detailer's arsenal.

Comment

Originally posted by travisdecpn
      The G-100 is a great tool, but if you are wanting to do detailing as a full-time profession, you will most likely need to use a rotary to correct defects that are beyond the limitations of the G-100...............
      travisdecpn

Thanks for the advice, i guess until i master one of the big boy rotarys, i'll start out and take my time with the g100 when i get one, then add to the collection.

Comment

Originally posted by travisdecpn
        The G-100 is a great tool, but if you are wanting to do detailing as a full-time profession, you will most likely need to use a rotary to correct defects that are beyond the limitations of the G-100. The nice part about the G-100 or PC for that matter is that they are a very safe tool and great for routine paint cleanup and moderate defect removal. The fact that it is lightweight and very versatile makes it a staple in every detailer's arsenal.

The PC is well worth the investment!
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

gb387

Thanks

Comment

I've built my small weekend business around a few things.

1. Meguiar's detailer line products and towels
            2. Meguiar's NXT
            3. MOL
            4. Meguiar's Dual Action Polisher

In my opinion that's a great start to a weekend business. Almost ahead of the curve compared to some shops, so to speak. So far this season I have almost doubled my sales from ALL of last season. Now after a season or to we can evolve our business with more equipment (rotary, carpet extractor...). You've gotta crawl before you walk. That's how I see it anyway.

Good luck.

Comment

Hey,

Great advice from all!

I would suggest that a person master using the G100 before moving on to a rotary. Finding the limits of the G100 will allow you to see what can and what can not be completed by using it. In time, a rotary will be needed as your experience expands.

Tim
              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by scrub
                ....You've gotta crawl before you walk.....Good luck.
                I'm definetly into the crawling before walking, and not into the screwing up someones ride just to get paid, i know my limits, but I'm a quick learner, and I'm on my way. thanks for the great advice. everybody

NEFSS96

Comment

I agree!

The PC is a fine tool! For the weekend detailing enthusiast who maintains their vehicles paint properly, the PC may be the only tool he or she ever needs. However, if one starts tacking jobs on vehicles that are not so well maintained............... that's a different story.

Remember, the PC is a "polisher". A rotary is a high speed "buffer"! (I'm saying this a lot lately )

Serious paint correction requires the use of a rotary buffer in the hands of a skilled person.
                  Boss_429

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but is the G-100 and a PC the same thing? When I click on PC on the Meguiars acronyms, I get a link to the G-100. Correct me if I'm wrong but the G-100 seems like the name that Meguiars uses for Porter Cable's 7336.

Comment

Originally posted by 05PhillyStang
                      Pardon my ignorance, but is the G-100 and a PC the same thing? When I click on PC on the Meguiars acronyms, I get a link to the G-100. Correct me if I'm wrong but the G-100 seems like the name that Meguiars uses for Porter Cable's 7336.
                      they are the same thing... The G100 is manufactured by Porter Cable for Meguiars. PC is kind of a generic term kind of not.

There is the Porter Cable 7336 sander/polisher, Porter Cable 7424 polisher and the Meguiars G100 all are the same other than the counter weights and the G100 comes with a lifetime warranty.
                      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');