• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What products to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What products to use?

Ok so I have two cars that are in need of being detailed! One is my DD that is white. The paint is pretty good, but sadly it has seen snow, sun and a lot of rain an due to my two jobs and school the only wash it's seen is at the local car wash. It has some swirl marks and scratches. The 2nd car is a car that does not work and it's a future project car. I don't think this car has been washed in years, this car has sky blue paint and very oxidated. I used to use Porter cable but I no longer have it. I just orders the Meguiars DA. Now my question is what products would you guys use? When I had my porter I used the M83 and really liked it. Thanks again.

Re: What products to use?

I would want to look at some Ult. Compound and then either #205 or Ult. Polish.

If the project car is SS paint, you may want some #80 for it.

Sounds like you can start off with foam pads, but the MF System is an option if they seem hard to work on.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Yeah I've been gone from detailing scene so long that I just heard about the Ult. line
      remind me again what you mean by MF system?
      The white car happens to be an '01 Trans Am and the other one is a Chevy caprice I've had for a while, but sadly I neglected it too much.

Comment

The MF system uses pads covered with MicroFiber instead of foam, so it can be a bit more agressive. There are also dedicated products for it, or you can use the regular paint cleaners, etc.

But if it is just two cars you will be doing, I would try foam first.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

If the paint is pretty good you might be able to get it looking very nice with Ultimate Polish (which is ridiculously cheap when walmart sells it on sale). If it's not getting out the scratches then you could do Ultimate Compound and then optionally follow it up with Ultimate Polish.

Ult Compound: use the W8207 pad (yellow softbuff 2.0)
          Ult Polish: use the W9207 pad (black softbuff 2.0). You could also try Ult Polish + the yellow pad for an intermediate amount of paint correcting power.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');