• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SoftBuff 2.0 Finishing Pad Questoin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoftBuff 2.0 Finishing Pad Questoin

I plan on polishing and waxing a White Car and a RED Car The Same Day.. I plan on using 2 Pad.

Pad One will be used the ULtimate POlish

Pad Two will be used for the WAX.

Is it ok to wax this way or is it best for me to wax/polish ONE car at a time?

Re: SoftBuff 2.0 Finishing Pad Questoin

Are you saying that you plan to apply Ultimate Polish on car 1 first and work on car 2 afterwards? Then apply the wax on car 1 after polishing car 2? I suppose you can do this but you have to make sure that there's no dust on car 1 after you're done with car 2. Why not just polish and wax one car at a time to avoid contamination?
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

I wonder what they do at the dealership???

Comment

Originally posted by goldenlight View Post
        I wonder what they do at the dealership???
        The rain washes them all at once.

If you are referring to cars sitting in the lot, they usually don't get polished or waxed. Probably hosed off until purchased and they get washed after you buy them. Polish and waxing is detailing and there is an additional fee. Dealer prep or dealer washing sometimes results in swirls or damage called DISO. Dealer instilled swirl option. Often avoided by telling the dealer not to wash the car when purchased. Many folks familiar with concerned car care or frequent detailing forums like Meguiar's Online tell dealers to keep their hands off of their cars. My dealer has a small tunnel wash with a rotating brush. I use it if I want swirls or the front license plate mangled up.

Do as Marc indicated. Keep your pads clean and perhaps moist by placing the one you are not using in a sealed zip lock bag. A dirty, dry pad will damage a car's finish.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        David

Comment

Too late had dealership prep car before purchasing it.. Oh well guest I live and learn . Noticed some swirls using the 2 bucket wash system. Not everywhere but there.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');