• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First use of my new to me g110v1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First use of my new to me g110v1

I got to use my da for the first time today! Tried it on a black vehicle of all things lol. I used M105 on a polishing pad and M205 on a finishing pad (both 6.5" Soft Buff pads.) I must say i was impressed!!! It was so easy to use too!! I m going to try and hone my skills with it for sure and follow the KBM.

I loved that combo. Going to need more pads for sure though! I didnt experience the dusting issue with the M105 at all!

I set it on speed 6 for the compound and then switched to the finishing pad for the polish on speed 3. Seemed to work pretty good!! Im still very new to this. I did do the overlapping passes though and worked on 2'x2'the area.

Any recommendations?

Re: First use of my new to me g110v1

A couple of things surprise me, although I've not used a g110v1 but once. Using speed 6 and no dusting. The end result is what matters and it seems to look okay and the 205 finished up just fine. Enjoy!

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    David

Comment

Re: First use of my new to me g110v1

If you're happy with the result and it works for you, I say keep it up! You mention the KBM, so in my opinion you have a great foundation for learning how to maximize your effectiveness with the product. As far as recommendations go if you run into trouble with M105 here are some tips I find helpful, M205 is much more forgiving but the tips below are still somewhat relevant:

* Focus on using downward, even pressure in place of speed with the DA, M105 is fast cutting but work time is short and running the DA at high speed can dry it out before you achieve the desired correction. Marking your backing plate on a clutch style DA like the G110 helps you ensure that the pad is still spinning at these lower speeds.
      * Don't spread the product, I move right to buffing at speed. This tied in with the short working time of M105, and spreading it over weather worn, dried out paint just depletes the carrier oils quicker.
      * Less is more. Dusting typically occurs as a result of too much product being used.
      * M105 can be 'reactivated' if it dries out with a tiny spray of water, just keep in mind the less is more in this regard as well.

Finally, if the product isn't working for you after trying a few different methods, walk away from it. The technique you employ combined with the paint you are working on in any given conditions can cause a product to become temperamental or ineffective. If this happens, having a backup product such to move to can be extremely helpful, D300 is the first product that comes to my mind but there are many others both in the Meguiar's line and outside it as well.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');