• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defective G220 v2 DA polisher from UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defective G220 v2 DA polisher from UK

Hi are the G220 v2 made in the United States for EU market? I ordered a G220 v2 from UK and when I got the package a few days back (Nov 9) tested the polisher to see if it's functioning properly. To my surprise the speed setting 1 to 3 only starts for a few seconds and stops but the rest of the speed setting from 4 to 6 are OK. This should warrant a replacement right since the unit is defective. Also sent an email to Megs customer care and just waiting for their reply. Hope somebody can help me.

Thank you.

Re: Defective G220 v2 DA polisher from UK

I am sure they will replace seeing as you just recieved it a couple days ago. Give them a chance to get back to you.

Andy
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Thanks Andy and I'm waiting for their reply.

Comment

The G220v2s that Meguiar's Philippines has also have that issue - they don't work at speeds 1 to 3. No idea why.
        Francis

Comment

Please it's very improtant that someone from Meguiars shall respond and prove what the OP says! I have already placed an order from the UK for 2 items and paid for it. I wish the story of the defectiveness is not true.
          2011 Maxima Satin White Pearl QX3
          2012 Renault Clio RS200 Liquid Yellow
          Meguiars G220 v2 DA Poliser

Comment

There were reports on same issue with G110V2 and we think that the dial was not calibrated or variable speed switch problem. Check top speed, does it go past #6?

Comment

The speed dial does not go past # 6 so that means the dial is calibrated. In addition to the defect mention above with the unit running and you change the speed from 4 to 5, the unit does not do anything or does not change it's speed. But if you switch it off and move to the next speed level that's the only time it will change it's speed rotation.

Comment

VRJ, thanks for clarifying the dial issue.
                2011 Maxima Satin White Pearl QX3
                2012 Renault Clio RS200 Liquid Yellow
                Meguiars G220 v2 DA Poliser

Comment

I would suggest that you get hold of someone in Tech service. Call them and ask for explanation. Now keep in mind that just about ALL polishers are made in CHINA and not USA. Their quality control is almost non-existent.Is each and every one unit completely tested and brushes worn in and seated properly? I very much doubt it. Don't panic till you get your unit and try it. Meguiar's will stand behind their products.

Comment

Meguiars should stand behind their products, even those made in china, as it simply has the Meguiars badge on it!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');