• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Da orbital polisher question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Da orbital polisher question

The time has come for me to get a DA ROP. Since the Meguiars polisher is unavalable it's between the Griots Garage 6 and the Porter Cable 7424xp. Searching here and elswhere I'm aware of the basic differences between them and they are both popular.

My question is regarding the differences in their respective lengths of throw. Will a longer or shorter length of throw be more effective in correcting paint defects with all things (pads, pressure, product, etc.) being equal?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Re: Da orbital polisher question

Oops! Upon further investigation it looks like they both have a 5/16" orbit diameter so disregard my question.

Comment

Re: Da orbital polisher question

Griot's Garage 6" DA comes with lifetime warranty and it has more powerful motor than Porter Cable 7424 XP.

Try to look for D/A polisher and buffing pads combo as it's gonna save you money rather than buying them seperately (ADS, AutoGeek).

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');