• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

polishing/waxing/pads recommendations needed for a DA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polishing/waxing/pads recommendations needed for a DA

hi everyone, i bought the griots Da and i need some help clarifying what compound/polish/wax/pads to use.

I want to use the following:
    ultimate compound
    M205
    ultimate polish
    M21 Sealant

>My question is do i have to use both the M205 and the ultimate polish or can i just use the M205??

>Is M21 sealent my final layer, so i dont use a carnuba wax or anything like that over it?

What pads would go best with each step? i want to use the lake country pads, what colors for each step??

Thank you so much for any help!!

Dan

Re: polishing/waxing/pads recommendations needed for a DA

First of all, welcome to Meguiar's Online! Hope you enjoy your stay.

Ultimate Polish is derived from M205. Ultimate polish has a little less cut but more abundant in polishing oils. I don't think there's a need for both especially if you're using this to follow up your compounding step. Therefore M205 should be fine for you.

It's not really necessary to top off your sealant with a carnauba. Some people do this to get the deep shine from a carnauba and at the same time, get the long lasting protection from the sealant. It's really up to you but it's not necessary.

Here are the pads I would suggest for each polish...

Ultimate Compound -> LC orange/white
    M205 -> LC black (if using it as a follow up to UC) or LC white (if using it as a 1 step polish)
    M21 -> LC Blue

Please keep in mind in doing the least aggressive method first when compounding your car... Try using the LC white with Ultimate Compound first and see the results.. If it doesn't meet your expectations then step it up with the LC orange.
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

So if i do M105 then M205, then add a glaze then seal with M21..
      what glaze would i use? m83??

Comment

Originally posted by StuntLambo View Post
        So if i do M105 then M205, then add a glaze then seal with M21..
        what glaze would i use? m83??
        You can just do M105 -> M205 -> M21. There's no need to glaze the paint after M205 because M205 is very rich in polishing oils. If you insist, then I would suggest using M7 as the glaze after M205 and before M21.

M83 is not a glaze. It's a cleaner polish. It uses the old DAT technology as opposed to SMAT. The correction ability is somewhere in between M105 and M205.

Hope this helps.

Comment

got it, thank you so much!!

Comment

Originally posted by StuntLambo View Post
            got it, thank you so much!!
            Not a problem! Please post pics of your progress and after results! May I ask what car will you be working on and what color?

Comment

Im starting off on my 2010 Mazdaspeed3 in black and moving onto my LS460 in Dark Blue.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');