• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use a DA on a Jeep JK ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use a DA on a Jeep JK ?

Looking to purchase a Meguiar's DA but concerned that the larger size pad (7") might be to big for working around all the hinges, fenders and lower door side panel's.

Should I be concerned ? Looking for some advise from someone who has used one on a Jeep 4-door JK.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Anyone use a DA on a Jeep JK ?

Polishing any Jeep can be a challange. I use my DA and my rotary(with 4'' pads) to get the job done. Some spots (like above the rear fenders) are tight. But yes you can use a DA to polish your JKU. Make sure to have some painters tape on hand also. Tape off the fenders, the stops on the hood for the windshied, door handles, top of rear bumper and the two plastic covers on the tail gate. If not there is a very good chance of burning the plastic.
    Professional Automotive Reconditioning Services
    "You scuff it-I buff it!"

Comment

Thanks that is the information I was looking for. So I should not use it on the painted fenders ?

Comment

Originally posted by Beach Bum View Post
        Thanks that is the information I was looking for. So I should not use it on the painted fenders ?

Ya you can use the DA on painted fenders but not unpainted ones. Sorry I was not thinking. I have a Rubicon with Bushwacker flat fender flares (black). I just assumed you had unpainted flares.

Comment

Thanks again, it appears not many members here know how difficult the Jeep Wrangler are to handle based on the responses. I love doing it by hand but can't seem to get the shine I am looking for.

Comment

Check out my old black TJ. That was ALOT of work!!

Before:

After: (Pick of the door area done.)

So far the JK has'nt got anywhere near that bad! Yet!
            What color is your JK?

Comment

Awesome work. My Black 4-dr JK has spiderweb's and swirl marks all over the hood that I can't seem to get out by hand using swirlx therefore my interest in a DA.

Comment

Originally posted by Beach Bum View Post
                Awesome work. My Black 4-dr JK has spiderweb's and swirl marks all over the hood that I can't seem to get out by hand using swirlx therefore my interest in a DA.
                I am in the exact same boat as you brotha.

Black 4dr JK with swirls and I have some scratches from the trail. I tried swirlx same as you and didnt get good results so I am looking to buy a DA.

My wife is going out of town this weekend so I might be able to get started.

Comment

Also keep in mind that Meguiar's now offers smaller backing plates and pads for the DA that will allow you to work in tighter areas with ease

Comment

Almost have enough cash to buy the DA along with all the toys for it

Comment

Originally posted by THE BIG BUFFER View Post
                      Check out my old black TJ. That was ALOT of work!!

Before:

After: (Pick of the door area done.)

So far the JK has'nt got anywhere near that bad! Yet!
                      What color is your JK?
                      I would jst like to say that is amazing!!!!
                      00 GTP
                      10 Z1000
                      97 XJ (mobile rig)

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');