• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Purchase

Hi Mike,I really want to purchase the G-100 so if you could let me know the price with taxes so I can figure out what it will actually cost me in Canadian dollars that would be cool,and is there any chance of getting the holiday package with it as I just joined the site 2 weeks ago,i know it is a stretch but just thought I would ask as I want to get going on this Crossfire of mine .....thanks Lukester

G-100 Purchase

Why don't you purchase the polisher from Meguairs Canada?

You won't have to pay the exchange rate, and the customs tax once it hits Canada Customs is a real killer.

I have to order from the U.S about 20 to 30 times a year for my business, and beleive me you pay big time once it hits Canada Customs.

I have ordered from Meguairs Canada a few times and it is O.K.

The only problems I have had is that the three times I ordered wax and/or polishes, they arrived completely FROZEN when they got to my home.

Comment

Thanks I will give it a try

Comment

The Porter Cable through Meguiars Canada is $408 CAN, though you would get a 10% discount for ordering online making it $367. The Meguiars Online deal at $175 US is much better (working out to roughly $220 CAN.) Does anyone know what Canada Customs typically grabs at the border?

BTW, Canadian Tire offers the same Porter Cable polisher at $239 CAN, of course, without the Meguiars warranty. Can Tire Porter Cable

Comment

Since the product is made in the US, It is tariff free (under NAFTA). The catch is the GST (and possibly PST, since Meguiar's Canada is located in Mississauga). Then add the brokerage fees from the shipping Carrier (I paid $78 CAD for a $150USD XM Radio. That was UPS brokerage fee and GST).

That being said and done, I would go buy from Meguiar's and take my chances with Customs. Using thejazzguy's numbers, I can't see the taxes and brokerage fees being $147.

Comment

G-100 Polisher

You could also buy the Porter Cable from carcaresmart.com in Canada and get the Porter Cable for 198.50 with free shipping.

I bought my polisher from them. Great Service.

Comment

Re: G-100 Polisher

Originally posted by imp2000ls
              You could also buy the Porter Cable from carcaresmart.com in Canada and get the Porter Cable for 198.50 with free shipping.

I bought my polisher from them. Great Service.
              That's a good price!!!

I got mine from the local Can Tire.

But the real selling point of the G-100 is the Warrenty. Has anyone broken a 7424 from over use?

Comment

I've dropped mine twice and it is fine, this thing was built to withstand abuse. It's used in the marble/granite finishing industry as well, and some of those guys are really rough with their tools.

Comment

Porter Cable Polisher

My tools of choice in my wood shop are porter cable.

They are built to last.. I have never had one fail in all the years I have owned them. 10+

I really enjoy using mine.

Comment

Thankyou everyone for all your input,I will start checking it out and try to make the best decision financially

Comment

Well,I went out and got the PC today and this might sound stupid but I was wondering what I can use the stock pad that came with the PC for as I want to use Meguiars pads only when I am using the #80 speed glaze any comments would be helpful

Comment

I got terry cloth "bonnets" to put on top of the stock pad. That way, I can use the PC for all my chemicals (without mixing the chemicals on the pad). I use the microfibre bonnets (ultimate bonnet?) from Meguiars to remove the chemicals. I'm waiting for the "apron approval" to get the backing plate and pads.

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help with this new polisher....it is awesome to work with.Working on this supposedly brand new Crossfire of mine...started on the hood and used the #80 speed glaze ,now that is how a hood should look on a new car.This is a black car so anyone who knows black cars knows that it is like having 2 cars as everything shows up and to keep it looking great we have twice the work.The wife says i am to fussy but I told her that if she needed brain surgery would you want me to be fussy about how I did the job or walk away and say thats good enough...there was not much response after that.I love reading the posts and all the tips that I am getting as a result.Thanks again eveyone and have a great day....Lukester

Comment

Originally posted by lukester
                            Well,I went out and got the PC today and this might sound stupid but I was wondering what I can use the stock pad that came with the PC for as I want to use Meguiar's pads only when I am using the #80 speed glaze any comments would be helpful
                            Almost all the comments I have ever read regarding the stock foam pad that comes with the Porter Cable Dual Action polisher is that it's worthless for cleaning, polishing or applying a wax to the paint. I have read a lot of comments posted by people that say it works great for removing wax with a bonnet over it.

I have not used one of these personally, but I'm going to imagine it is somewhat stiff because a stiff foam pad works best for removing wax with a bonnet.

Best of luck...
                            Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');